Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Love my pets

Default Anyone watching Westminster Dog Show?

I just went on their web site where you can view videos for most of the different breeds as they were judged. The videos take awhile for them to post on each dog.

Here's the web site: http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...results/breed/

I will be watching tonight for the Anatolian Shepherd. Max's breeder has an entry.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

Oh I forgot, going now. I always love to watch for the German Shepherd. And the Newfoundland. I am also interested in seeing the Briard, Bernese Mountain Dog, and Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. I love to watch this show!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

I love to watch. I especially liked the Parenese, Bernese Montain Dog, Greater Swiss mountain Dog and Neo Mastiff (love them chops!)

I also enjoyed the Glen Terrier, Norfolk Terrier and of course the West Highland. =)
Old 02-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

You know the Pyrenees won the working dog group last night. It was so beautiful!!!! The Pekinese won the toy group. I am not usually a huge fan of the way they look but it was so fun to look at it so it was cute in it's own way, I couldn't help but smile when I looked at it. It reminded me of Gizmo on Gremlins!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

Yes I know! The Pekinese looked like a walking hairball that my cat coughs up. LOL very cute. I'm looking forward to tonight's show.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Love my pets

I just looked and saw Stumpy won for the Sussex Spaniel. I saw him win at another show and just fell in love with the breed.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Border Collies R' Us

UGH! Breeding/showing for conformation. It makes me sick. Especially in the herding and working group. The "work" has been bred out of those poor dogs. Todays collie is as much of a "herder" as a poodle. As are many others.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Felurian

Gotta say I have to agree with you, Caseyolee. Recognition by the AKC has been the death of a too many great breeds. I'm afraid it's going to spell disaster for the Neo; everyone is just going gaga over these great beasts, and you know where that's going to lead . . . overbreeding, inappropriate owners, temperament problems, ad nauseum.

I have high hopes that the AKC will never recognize the Fila. For one thing, there are too many disagreements on standards; for another, the Fila temperament- the proper Fila ojeriza - is such that judges are not necessarily expected to touch the dogs during examination, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 02-15-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Top Dog

I hate how the Golden Retrievers now have shorter legs, and the way their beautiful tails are trimmed at the tip. !!!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I have to say I was very pleased at the the comments made about the pits on that show. It was nice to hear. The announcers told everyone that those breeds sometimes get bad raps when they fall into the wrong hands. They said "There is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners". I think it was pretty cool of them to slip that information out there....