Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Again, I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how Denis fault, coming home to that. Being the one to open the door to silence, and just knowing something had gone horribly wrong.

I hope you guys can relax on your vacation to Alaska. I know Moo will get cleared to fly, and you'll have your whole family there with you to relax and get back to some form of normalcy, even if just for those 10 days.

You're not alone. You have a ton of support. You can pull through this. You WILL pull through this. You and Denis will work through this together. Together, you can get through anything.

If there's anything more I/we can do for you, don't be afraid to ask. Even if it seems like a little thing, like an insignificant thing. Anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I saw a woman leave the vet with her dog and I hated her, a cruel and useless emotion but I couldn't fathom why she got to keep her partner and I lost both of mine.
This is totally, completely normal. I 100% understand and have felt this way. When we lost Rosey, there were 5 people waiting to pay and walk out with their dogs. I hated each and every one of them. I couldn't even look at them. It wasn't fair. When we lost Harley, there were 7 other pets admitted by my vet, that were going home. I didn't even see those people, and I hated them. All that to say, it's normal. Don't feel bad about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I hope someday I can give back to each and everyone of you the way you've even to us, until then Thank you.
We all love you, and we all love your dogs. There's nothing to "give back". We're doing what any decent human would do. We're doing what friends do. We're being there, like family should be. We only wish there was more we COULD do.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Top Dog

As I have said, I wish I could do more. Take away some of the pain. I am so gald I got the opportunity to meet both the boys. To see you and Backup interact, to watch him in the barnhunt. I am reeling, I can't believe he is gone. It is so very sad. A nightmare no dog owner should have to endure most especially a good dog owner.

Words will never be enough. Just know that we are here for you and will do what we can. Know that I am thinking of you guys and the girls. I will miss Backups silly face and Arnolds noble nature next time I see you.

We are here to help you pick up the pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
We all love you, and we all love your dogs. There's nothing to "give back". We're doing what any decent human would do. We're doing what friends do. We're being there, like family should be. We only wish there was more we COULD do.
Well said, Jess.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I had all these words, but then they left me. I do not know you personally, nor have I ever met any of your amazing dogs. But all I want right now is to offer a shoulder to cry on and arms to give you a hug. I wish I could be there to clean up the hell you should not have to deal with.

I have watched your dogs grow up via these online forums. I could always count on their pictures to bring a smile to my face, especially when my skies were grey.

It's not fair. It's not and it will never be. I learned a long time ago to stop looking for answers to questions where there are none. Easier said than done, especially when the heart is involved. Life just isn't fair.
I don't have any words. Everyone else's are better than mine would be, anyway.

You have my tears, Adrienne. We all share some part in your grief, however small it may be in comparison to the hole this has left in your heart.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

I've been thinking of you all weekend, wishing it was just a horrible nightmare and everybody was OK. They were both such amazing, special dogs. I'm so very sad that Backup is gone so young, it's truly unfair.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Little dog, big voice

You brought tears to my eyes with your post. Nobody ever deserves to go through something so horrific.

I understand completely why you felt as though you hated that other woman. I felt the same way towards the other horse owners at my barn when I lost Indie. I asked why me, because there were so many other horses who had owners who wouldn't have cared otherwise. But like I have said, the worst things happen to those with the best intentions.

I think the entire dog community has been affected by this, and they're all supporting you.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

I've been thinking about you guys all weekend. I cannot imagine what you are going through. But there is no need to thank us. You have been so kind as to share your wonderful dogs with us in pictures, in video, and in words. There will never be another Backup or another Arnold, that's for certain. However there are other dogs in this world who will be and are extremely lucky to know you and work with you; be it client dogs, friends' dogs, or personal dogs. Backup and Arnold's legacy will live on in all whom you teach and of course with the memories we are fortunate enough to be able to share with you. Even those who were never so lucky as to meet you.

RIP boys - you will NEVER be forgotten <3

Loistava's Jari CGC - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Top Dog

I am still in tears over what happened. I don't have words for you, I really don't.

((hugs)) to you, Denis & the girls. I know this household is going to miss the hilarious stories you would post of your boys.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Love my pets

My heart goes out to both of you. One thing we learn from our pets is unconditional love, and all we can do is love them each and every day because we never know when it will be the last. They will be missed by so many, but their memories will live on.

Take each day one at a time and try to remember all the love & good times you shared. I know they are running free at the rainbow bridge with all our loved ones.

Hugs
Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post

This. So much this. I still don't know what to say. You're living one of my worst nightmares and I'm so incredibly sorry and sad. I hate that this happened to you and Denis. I wish there was something more I could do to help you guys.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013