Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Exclamation Need Youtube help

I need to remove the audio from a video uploaded to Youtube, I use to be able to check a box and it would delete the audio, it's no longer there ! Really furious with them overall anymore, but what can you do, they never listen, if they did they never would have changed and broken the website in the first place.

Okay, ranting on pause, my computer does not recognize the file of these videos so I can't do anything with them in Windows media player, they can only be uploaded directly to Youtube and that's it, I need the audio removed and it needs to be done in Youtube by Youtube, right now all it will do is insert music, I don't want cruddy music, I want NO audio what so ever. I've Googled and Googled and come up with nothing but outdated squat, need help!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

What's the file type of the video? And what do you need it to be?
Can you use something like this?
http://www.online-convert.com/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Behavior Nerd

What about just adding an audio clip of silence instead of music?

Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Top Dog

First, the file type is "MTS", second, that's not the problem right now, it's that the video is now on Youtube already, I USE to be able to remove the audio from there, I SHOULD still be allowed to, they MUST still have this available and I'm just not seeing it, how/where can I go to remove the audio besides replacing it with junky music? I just want no, zero, zip, nada, audio, that's all, is there or is there not still a way to remove it in Youtube itself, or am I sunk?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
What about just adding an audio clip of silence instead of music?
Where's that located?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Behavior Nerd

Oh I don't know - just seemed like a quick fix if you can upload audio for sure.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Oh I don't know - just seemed like a quick fix if you can upload audio for sure.
No, it was a great idea, I almost thought maybe they already have just a blank audio in the music section somewhere. I'll keep playing with it.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
First, the file type is "MTS", second, that's not the problem right now, it's that the video is now on Youtube already, I USE to be able to remove the audio from there, I SHOULD still be allowed to, they MUST still have this available and I'm just not seeing it, how/where can I go to remove the audio besides replacing it with junky music? I just want no, zero, zip, nada, audio, that's all, is there or is there not still a way to remove it in Youtube itself, or am I sunk?
You're not sunk if you can convert the file and make it into a format that you can bring into Windows Movie Maker and edit there.
But if you insist on using YouTube as a video editor, try their editing software and see if you can drop the volume of audio to zero in there.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Well that's been an hour of my day wasted, and the little buzz of noise at the tail end of my video is obnoxious, but I managed to find a clip and simply saved it inserted at the last 1 second of the video, by selecting to have the music 100% dominate over the video's original audio the rest is silent. Really wish these companies who buy out other already functional companies would stop ruining them (good going on destroying Youtube Google [/sarcasm]).
Old 07-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
You're not sunk if you can convert the file and make it into a format that you can bring into Windows Movie Maker and edit there.
But if you insist on using YouTube as a video editor, try their editing software and see if you can drop the volume of audio to zero in there.
Here's the deal, I USE to be able to do this in Youtube, I mean it's the most simple thing ever, then they sold to Google who changed and ruined it all. It was a box "remove audio", right there on the main editing page, I shouldn't need to go through the hassle of file conversion, re-uploading, editing on my own slow-as-outdated-dirt editor, just to remove the audio, why do companies do this?