Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: How did your dog handle the fireworks last night?
Ran for cover with every snap, crackle or pop! 4 7.41%
Was rattled, but handled it with dignity. 3 5.56%
Same old, same old....couldn't care less about fireworks. 41 75.93%
LOVED THEM AND WANTED OUTSIDE TO FIND THEM! 2 3.70%
Banana pudding with nilla wafers 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

Gambit got a little freaked out and hid under the computer desk. Odd, because he didn't mind at all the past 2 years. His thundershirt helped a lot and he finally fell asleep.

Quid was dtermined to protect me from the evil boom demons. Every time a loud one went off he stuck his little chest out and did the shar-pei woo woo woo noise. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this dog?

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

July 1st was Canada Day so our day for fireworks, and then starting last night there are fire works for a week for Stampede. But my dogs don't even notice them thankfully. We aren't that close to any where we live now, but even before when they were super loud or neighbours would set them off, aside from an ear twitch here and there, they didn't care at all.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 07-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I chose the last option because there wasn't a single firework I heard or saw. They are illegal here so that could be why lol Talon has never seen a firework, so I don't know how he'd do. Art doesn't really care much, growing up next to a military base that shot off cannons a lot helped him lol
Old 07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

Atlas was mesmerized, he just sat outside and wayched what ones we could see on the porch with me.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Watson was mostly indifferent... for particularly loud booms he went and checked the door for possible intruders

Menchi stayed mellow once she was certain that nothing serious was going on and she did not have to assume guard mode for every boom. Shar pei take their guard duty very seriously!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

I have a mixed bag! Sir was outside with us lighting them off because he wanted to be (had the door open and he came out) and he loves running around them barking as they go off. Chase and Bella were a little weirded out, but not afraid. Recon still wouldn't go outside to use the bathroom this morning, I had to drag him out there to show him there was no more noise.

A gal that teaches agility in the area and competes lost one of her dogs last night. I thought dog people tended to know better, but I guess not. She lives in my neighborhood so I've been keeping an eye out.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Mutts to you

Mick and Murph hid for the really loud booms, but they're also pretty sensitive to gunfire, which is fairly common around here on weekends and holidays, and thunderstorms.
Riley didn't care, but he's weird - thunderstorms, gunfire, fireworks don't bother him; but heaven forbid someone is hammering, bouncing a basketball or talking loudly and he can't see them.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 PM
orange iguanas.

Lucy barked at them because she barks at everything. So I told her to shut up and it was fine lol. Juno doesn't give 2 rips, Happy can't hear them.
So yeah, 4th of july is no biggie with mine.

I did go into work this morning to find a report from the eclinic about a dog that ran out the door because of the noise, and was hit by a car. Sad.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Silence, peasants.

Wesley just slept through them, he's really not bothered by loud noises. He can sleep through anything. It's the really quiet noises that make him crazy. :P

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 07-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
I chose the last option because there wasn't a single firework I heard or saw. They are illegal here so that could be why lol Talon has never seen a firework, so I don't know how he'd do. Art doesn't really care much, growing up next to a military base that shot off cannons a lot helped him lol
They're illegal here too but that doesn't stop anybody. x_x People drive across the state line to Indy, buy up, and drive 'em back. It's even a "thing" - "Go get your fireworks and then go eat dinner, because the cops watch and time how long people have been across the state line, and if you stop for dinner they won't stop you!"

My co-worker told me they were setting some off in his neighbourhood and the cops came by and basically said "You can set them off but just be careful." Uhhhh what? I hate this town sometimes.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog