Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 AM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,715
Default Crazy disc-dogger weekend! (pictures!!)

This weekend we had two disc comps, a USDDN National Qualifier and a UFO Local. The USDDN Qualifier is a funky format, instead of placements, they just award qualifying spots, the top 5 teams get to go to the national competition in Georgia in October. Zuma rocked it, her and I made the 2nd qualifying spot in Freestyle (which is actually 2 rounds of freestyle combined with one round of toss and fetch). The qualifier also consists of a toss & fetch competition that is separate from the freestyle. Zuma and I made the 5th qualifying spot in that! Which is pretty amazing because toss & fetch is really not our strong suit, I can't throw very far. Zinga was too young to qualify, she wasn't far out of the running though!

The UFO local on Sunday was awesome as well. Zuma placed 2nd in freestyle and Zinga placed 3rd! We lost out to Tracy Custer both days, and if anyone is familiar with her, you would understand why. I'm quite ok with losing to her!!

Anyways, we got some nice medals, toys and a bunch of treats for our winnings, but here is what you all are waiting for, pictures!!

These were all taken by Don Nguyen.












Zinga's T-Rex impression




No set of disc dog pictures is complete without at least one upside down Zinga.




more...
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:58 AM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,715
Default



Zinga's pterodactyl impression.


Dog catch.




Zuma likes to cheat on her back overs. But she's cute, so it's ok.






I was telling her to drop that dang disc this entire trick. She can't possibly catch another disc with one in her mouth still. She looks smug.




That's it!! Thanks for looking!
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is online now
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,526
Default

They're both awesome! I can't wait to have a dog to try disc with. It looks like lots of fun.
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
They're both awesome! I can't wait to have a dog to try disc with. It looks like lots of fun.
So, so, so much fun!

So much fun that I took the summer off of agility just to concentrate on disc. Which is pretty amazing if you know how much I love agility.
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,552
Default

I LOVE your disc dog pics. And your dogs. I hope you come to the Denver disc thing next year so I can see them in action!
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 AM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I LOVE your disc dog pics. And your dogs. I hope you come to the Denver disc thing next year so I can see them in action!
It's on the list for next year!! I was bummed about missing it, but to be honest, I don't think we were quite ready for it.
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 AM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,675
Default

Those are awesome shots! Zuma looks fantastic, that must be a ton of fun.

And I like your pants.

Really wish Recon and I could do something like this some day, but I am SO dang bad with a disc... :/ Took a video of a friend who does disc stuff like this with her dog playing disc with Recon at the park... She was able to throw them so far and low and straight... He caught almost every disc. I realized then it was definitely all me that prevented him from ever catching a disc. XD
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is online now
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
So, so, so much fun!

So much fun that I took the summer off of agility just to concentrate on disc. Which is pretty amazing if you know how much I love agility.
I really can't wait! It's something I've been interested in a long time. I definitely hope Nextdog enjoys it. . My trainer is starting up with her Belgian.

For now I will stick to having Mia jump over my arms and legs for her ball. I get so jealous of the disc dogs though. One day!
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)

Last edited by Laurelin; 07-01-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Those are awesome shots! Zuma looks fantastic, that must be a ton of fun.

And I like your pants.

Really wish Recon and I could do something like this some day, but I am SO dang bad with a disc... :/ Took a video of a friend who does disc stuff like this with her dog playing disc with Recon at the park... She was able to throw them so far and low and straight... He caught almost every disc. I realized then it was definitely all me that prevented him from ever catching a disc. XD
LOL thanks about the pants. They get a little more ripped up every session.

Get out there and practice your throwing!! A little practice goes a long way. I'm cracking down on my alternative throws right now and intend to get out at least once a day to practice. My husband is so thrilled. LOL
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I really can't wait! It's something I've been interested in a long time. I definitely hope Nextdog enjoys it. . My trainer is starting up with her Belgian.

For now I will stick to having Mia jump over my arms and legs for her ball. I get so jealous of the disc dogs though. One day!
There is a microdog division.... and pup discs.... just sayin'.
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site