Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

I bought this one at Target and I've had it at least three years with no problems. I absolutely love it. My sister works in a beauty supply store and says that she prefers mine to her Chi.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...FTLNOgodE08AYw
Old 07-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
Not from Target, but seriously... this is the best flat iron. I absolutely love it. It literally takes me 5-10 minutes to straighten my hair.

My mom bought it, so I'm not sure where she got it from. But I know she didn't pay the $200 that I've seen some places sell it. She got it much, much cheaper. I've had it for at least 2 years, probably more, and it's still going strong.

Rusk flat irons are amazing.

The model is IRE2093
This is the one I have. Usually, I do my hair, which is moderately wavy/frizzy, in four plus layers... but with this one, if I'm in a rush, I can do two to three layers and it looks pretty straight. I don't have to have it on the max heat either like I did with my old one.

My friend has very wavy, coarse hair that is easily damaged by heat and isn't easily tamed, but she has the same straightener and it works like a charm.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I come from a sticky-fingered family and after buying several expenisve(and amazing) flat irons I bought this same-ish one(only dif I see is that mine is all black) bc it was on sale($15) and said it went to 450. It works great, and it's cheap enough that no one bothers with it and if they did the replacement cost wouldn't kill me. I really like it. I get great results and I don't worry about it. I've prob had it for 2 years: it gets dropped, shoved in backpacks, stepped on by dogs, I've accidentally kicked it a few times.... Still works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenFlower View Post
Honestly, I bought this Remington flat iron
Old 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I went through 3 CHIs- 2 broke while on warranty (issues with heat connecting to the plates), and the 3rd broke for the same reason outside of warranty.

Needless to say, I didn't get a 4th.

I have a GHD flat iron, but I haven't used it in years. It works VERY well, though. I have curly hair and it's too long to straighten now, but I used to straighten it every day when it was above my shoulders.

I'm not sure what options Target has, though. I knew a couple of people in college who had the Jilbere brand ones and used them with success... however, I tried that kind once and it didn't give me the results I wanted.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep