Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

Jin isn't paying his spousal support again know, such a shocker.

So while I was thinking about it, I did some math. He says he "only" owes me $300 a month. Since we've been separated, that is around $3000 - $3500 total, depending on how you look at it. When you subtract me paying his phone, him spending savings, him spending hundreds out of the account before it was split....he's only at around $2000. If that. It's a rough estimate. Oh, and the overdrawl fees and his PSN expenditures.

I'm considering calling Aviano and getting in touch with someone about it. Also my possessions he still hasn't sent.

Apparently getting legal on people is the only way to get **** done. Restraining orders, pressing charges on stalking, getting in touch with his higher ups...WTF.

Why can't people just be sane, responsible adults?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Bored Now.

Why is it that we can't have a discussion about service dogs without someone making ignorant comments about "pretending to be a service dog is ok."

This a very educated, pro-service dog forum. JUST STOP.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Why is it that we can't have a discussion about service dogs without someone making ignorant comments about "pretending to be a service dog is ok."

Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Bored Now.

Same to you, your posts on the topic are always amazing.

I feel like you should copy/paste all of them and start a "why pretending to have a service dog hurts disabled people" Q/A thread. We have so many useless stickies throughout this forum, it might be nice to have an educational, useful one.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 PM
dogstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

I love you more and more every day.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

I found out who got the Veldt position I applied for, and it's one of my friends who volunteered there since she was a kid. She totally deserves it, and it makes me happy that it went to someone who deserves it and not just someone who has more experience (she either graduated the same time as me or has one semester left). I'm so happy for her If I'd known she applied, I would have known I had no chance at it lol.

Now if I could just hear SOMETHING back about this other job, that'd be great...
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

General equine musings for me tonight. Internal battles of Appaloosa or OTTB for my next horse.

I really want an OTTB, but feel that I'd be better off going with a somewhat seasoned ranch horse who already has the hang of working cattle and reining stops. I've still got a long way to go on learning to ride a lot of those maneuvers and don't think I'm in any position to be training them to a TB. But TB's are soooo pretty and leggy and guh. See? The difficulties!

Then, I go back to BLM's and want to train one of those to work cows. That I KNOW I have to wait for. Number 1, not the right setup. Number 2, again, lack of experience. Someday, though. Someday.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 01-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
General equine musings for me tonight. Internal battles of Appaloosa or OTTB for my next horse.

I really want an OTTB, but feel that I'd be better off going with a somewhat seasoned ranch horse who already has the hang of working cattle and reining stops. I've still got a long way to go on learning to ride a lot of those maneuvers and don't think I'm in any position to be training them to a TB. But TB's are soooo pretty and leggy and guh. See? The difficulties!

Then, I go back to BLM's and want to train one of those to work cows. That I KNOW I have to wait for. Number 1, not the right setup. Number 2, again, lack of experience. Someday, though. Someday.
if you want to learn how to ride a cow horse, you're better off getting a cow horse instead of a TB that you need to train to be a cow horse. Now, you might be able to find an OTTB that has been started in cow work.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Ranch horse, 10x over. Get something with the training and the know-how to do the job. When/if you can have more than one horse, and have the time and money for it, go ahead and gamble on what you fantasize about then.

As someone who normally is very much not a stock horse type person, I will come out and say that the nice cow horses I've seen work absolutely blow my mind. What cool animals. If you wanted a dog to work cattle, you'd get your ACD, right? Not a rescue greyhound that you intend to teach herding.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Twin 2.0

A kid tried to kill himself at a local school today.

By SETTING HIMSELF ON **FIRE**.

I just...I don't even. He posted on social media that he had been planning this for years. YEARS.