Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Oh my god. They're not identical in color/coat or anything, but that expression. Those eyes. Squirrelcat gives a nod to her crazy eyed friend.

That said, Fiora is ridiculously adorable. She looks like a kitten whereas my crazy just looks like an alien (I love her, though, most of the time )
To be fair, Fiora's just under a year old, so definitely still a kitten! But like... her pupils never meet her eyelids. It's so WEIRD and I've never seen another cat like that until now.

Fiora is ridiculously sweet. She imprinted on me the day she came home, and plays fetch with me. We have a bond.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
To be fair, Fiora's just under a year old, so definitely still a kitten! But like... her pupils never meet her eyelids. It's so WEIRD and I've never seen another cat like that until now.

Fiora is ridiculously sweet. She imprinted on me the day she came home, and plays fetch with me. We have a bond.
Oh I'm jealous!! The eyes just add to her character - she is an incredibly cute little girl. Sounds like my kind of cat. My resident Squirrelcat is just completely cray, so the eyes just make her look even more alien. She's... special LOL At least we never get a dull moment in the house, though!

Now, I do love my other cat, the fluffy fat girl, so I consider the Squirrelcat an anomaly. Bree (my girl) comes when called and greets me at the door, and is usually just very sweet. But I do hope my next cat is more like your Fiora, because I'd love a cat that plays fetch and bonds with me <3
Old 10-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Top Dog

My students worked really hard in high school to get into college.
They applied for this school.
They pay a lot of money to be there.
They worked hard to get into this class.
And once they're there...

they want nothing more than to leave.

Come on, guys; it's biology lab. The 'when am I ever going to use this' is so not a reasonable thing to say for three reasons. First; it is biology, you are biological. Knowing a little bit about how the world around you works isn't a bad thing. Secondly; who wants to live a life where you ONLY learn things that are directly relevant to your actual career? That's dystopian level crazy. Thirdly; a solid third of my students want to be nurses. Yes, I think this is relevant to nursing actually.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Oh I'm jealous!! The eyes just add to her character - she is an incredibly cute little girl. Sounds like my kind of cat. My resident Squirrelcat is just completely cray, so the eyes just make her look even more alien. She's... special LOL At least we never get a dull moment in the house, though!

Now, I do love my other cat, the fluffy fat girl, so I consider the Squirrelcat an anomaly. Bree (my girl) comes when called and greets me at the door, and is usually just very sweet. But I do hope my next cat is more like your Fiora, because I'd love a cat that plays fetch and bonds with me <3
I just want to say. . . if you ever, ever, for any reason have to rehome or want to rehome or even temporarily rehome SquirrellCat, I VOLUNTEER. I volunteer for this so hard that my arm is getting sore from all the waving in the air that it's doing. I want her. So much. I can't even describe it. I think she's the perfect cat.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Sport Model Pug

I am feeling really groggy. I was told to expect it from the meds, but it's still weird. I'm home from school and pretty much ready to curl up for a nap despite having stuff to do still.

It's not a vent because i WANTED to sleep, but yeah lol.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I am feeling really groggy. I was told to expect it from the meds, but it's still weird. I'm home from school and pretty much ready to curl up for a nap despite having stuff to do still.

It's not a vent because i WANTED to sleep, but yeah lol.
Still taking them at night?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Still taking them at night?
Yes, usually between 8-9pm.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
I can see how that would work, because "cat" doesn't even describe her LOL When I talk about my pets, I tell them about my dog, my fat black/white cat, and then struggle to think of a way to adequately describe this black smoke animal in my house. Squirrel-alien-monkey-weasel-spazz barely scratches the surface.
AHEM

I owe a public apology to a member here. In response to what is quoted above, Frostfell posted something along the lines of "Sounds like a Somali ". It was reported for being a racial slur against people of Somalia and, in my ignorance I thought the same thing and deleted the post. I've since been informed that Somali is a breed of cat. Unfortunately, I must have "hard" deleted the post and I cannot restore it.

So, the "lesson learned" here for me is to not look for something to be offended by and I shouldn't assume that something is a racial slur without getting more information. Also, don't hard delete posts

So, my heartfelt apologies to Frostfell for deleting a well-meant, completely non-offensive post.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
AHEM

I owe a public apology to a member here. In response to what is quoted above, Frostfell posted something along the lines of "Sounds like a Somali ". It was reported for being a racial slur against people of Somalia and, in my ignorance I thought the same thing and deleted the post. I've since been informed that Somali is a breed of cat. Unfortunately, I must have "hard" deleted the post and I cannot restore it.

So, the "lesson learned" here for me is to not look for something to be offended by and I shouldn't assume that something is a racial slur without getting more information. Also, don't hard delete posts

So, my heartfelt apologies to Frostfell for deleting a well-meant, completely non-offensive post.
Thank you
Old 10-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I just want to say. . . if you ever, ever, for any reason have to rehome or want to rehome or even temporarily rehome SquirrellCat, I VOLUNTEER. I volunteer for this so hard that my arm is getting sore from all the waving in the air that it's doing. I want her. So much. I can't even describe it. I think she's the perfect cat.
Yes, please! If that ever happens, she's all yours for real. Honestly, of all the pets in this house, she'd be the toughest to find a home for if we all mysteriously die. SHE'S JUST SO WEIRD. She's one of those animals that you just have to love for her quirks, because her entire personality is just so quirky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
AHEM

Haha, I thought I saw that post in response to mine, but didn't reply then because it was 4 am and I was confused. I either assumed later that I was hallucinating or that it got ate up in a spam sweep up.

I didn't know Somali was a cat breed! My knowledge of cat breeds consist of Maine Coon, Ragdoll, Siamese, and then brown cat, gray cat, white cat, gray and white cat, etc.

Frostfell, are Somalis super weird in personality, too? They're incredibly pretty!