Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
If I ever start a band, I'm going to name it Freezer Full of Kongs.
Best band name ever.

Also, don't fill your freezer so full of kongs that the door doesn't shut all the way and you end up thawing everything in your freezer by the next morning. Not that I would know.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Best band name ever.

Also, don't fill your freezer so full of kongs that the door doesn't shut all the way and you end up thawing everything in your freezer by the next morning. Not that I would know.
That's what our first song is going to be about.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
That's what our first song is going to be about.
Be sure to mention that it may result from the consumption of too much wine prior to kong stuffing.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Little dog, big voice

Teaching swimming lessons make me wonder how frustrating I was when I was younger. I think I was pretty compliant but we started swimming lessons today, and I never realized what a lengthy process teaching glides and floats is. I have a good bunch of kids, although one is still very hesitant about even going underwater... I'm sure he'll come around though.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Top Dog

In America, you can vote without so much as showing a photo ID, but need a passport, birth certificate, or social security card (or a bunch of weird documents that I've never even heard of) to get a job paying barely more than minimum wage... my question: why?

**off to the venting thread to complain about not having said ss card, passport, or birth certificate on my person at day 1 of training**

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Be sure to mention that it may result from the consumption of too much wine prior to kong stuffing.
This has all the makings of a nice bluesy/country chart-topper.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I feel like I should feel bad applying for this job. I mean, if I leave, there's a LOT of stuff that nobody else knows how to do. They're kinda up a creek.
But I don't. I mean... money is money and sadly necessary to, you know, pay my mortgage and eat food. And I kind of have to look out for myself first. Even if I'm miserable at the new job, I'm not super happy here either and I'm poor. I think being miserable and not-poor is preferable.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Flame is due to whelp any day now. This is her third (well, technically fourth even though no puppies resulted from the first) and final litter. I resigned myself to getting a Flame grandpuppy after not being ready last time, and definitely not being ready this time.

I AM super happy that the breeder is keeping such a detailed Facebook page for it, and that most of the puppy buyers from previous litters are active, so I'll still get to see pictures...

But, I still want.

This is in musing because I am VERY lucky Buzz is still here with me! I promised him NO PUPPIES and I am sticking to that! He's the bestest and I'm glad I get to keep on enjoying HIM!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

I sorta wonder how many times in my life I've been given a chance to do something. And each time, it was either the RIGHT time to do it or the WRONG time. Like a test. Or maybe it would have made things easier. Or harder. Maybe good things do come to those who wait, suffer, and endure. Or maybe I should have taken that first chance, saved myself the misery, and just dealt with the drama? Does it make me a better person or not? But it has to mean SOMETHING if I was given the chance over and over and over.

Life. WTF. You are too confusing.

ETA: And it is purely strange how different people are when in relationships with different people. I'm starting to believe that some pairs WILL only create hurt, pain, lack of self confidence, selfishness, etc. One thing in theory, and other to see it, or experience it.

Last edited by Lyzelle; 07-01-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

I am amazed how many people don't go to work during the day. As a teacher, I am off for the summer and feel quite special about that...and then I go to target and have to wait 20 minutes to check out because there are a gazillion million people there. What the heck, people of this area?! GO TO WORK SO I CAN FEEL SPECIAL!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG