Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 PM
dogstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Okay... so there's a guy on Match.
I saw him MONTHS ago on OKCupid and sent him a message, actually. He never responded.

So I see him on Match after I join and think "Hmm. Well. Why not." So I send him a "wink" just to see what happens.

Nothing. Okay, whatever, he's not interested.

I just logged on and discovered he sent me a wink.

WHAT?
NOW?
AFTER LIKE SIX MONTHS??

Okay I'm still on that though. A little bit older than I ideally want but yeah I'll go on a date with that.
Oooh! Good luck!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 10-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Okay... so there's a guy on Match.
I saw him MONTHS ago on OKCupid and sent him a message, actually. He never responded.

So I see him on Match after I join and think "Hmm. Well. Why not." So I send him a "wink" just to see what happens.

Nothing. Okay, whatever, he's not interested.

I just logged on and discovered he sent me a wink.

WHAT?
NOW?
AFTER LIKE SIX MONTHS??

Okay I'm still on that though. A little bit older than I ideally want but yeah I'll go on a date with that.
I say go for it. He could be a total idiot, like I am. I didn't respond to a message on OKC for about a month.

Besides, sometimes it's just nice for someone to buy you dinner.

Oh, and my update from dating sites is that I just asked a super cute gal out for coffee. WHAT IF SHE SAYS NO. As usual, all I can think about is "what if I'm not good enough?" even when it doesn't really matter to anyone but me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I think it's a fantastic opportunity for me and that it would not be smart to turn it down.

I wish I didn't over think everything. I've been trying hard not to, but it's who I am. I worry too much. And I hate the feeling of starting a new job and knowing nothing and feeling totally lost and out of my element... but then I remember that I felt like that about every job I've had so far, and it always comes together and I get comfortable and confident in what I am doing.
YOU WILL BE OKAY. Scratch that, you'll be awesome. I promise. I'm excited for you.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Sport Model Pug

My head makes me do things that don't quite make sense to everyone else right now but i am able to rationalize it.

I drove to four... FOUR, including two that were clear across town... grocery stores tonight to find a specific kind of tea that i don't normally drink simply because it reminds me of the weekend.

I can't wait to go back. <3

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I say go for it. He could be a total idiot, like I am. I didn't respond to a message on OKC for about a month.

Besides, sometimes it's just nice for someone to buy you dinner.

Oh, and my update from dating sites is that I just asked a super cute gal out for coffee. WHAT IF SHE SAYS NO. As usual, all I can think about is "what if I'm not good enough?" even when it doesn't really matter to anyone but me.
He's not exactly my type physically but otherwise he seems like a really nice guy. If I met him in a bar I'd definitely flirt with him, because he is cute, just not really my type. OTOH the other important stuff is all there which always makes somebody more appealing physically. I'll for sure go on a date with him. It kinda makes me laugh though, because only just the other night did he pop up in my search results and I was like "Yeah that one never responded" and kept moving. And then there he is the very next day.

If she says no, then she says no, and she's not cool enough to withstand your awesome. Not the kind of person you want to be seeing anyway! Boo! Next!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
He's not exactly my type physically but otherwise he seems like a really nice guy. If I met him in a bar I'd definitely flirt with him, because he is cute, just not really my type. OTOH the other important stuff is all there which always makes somebody more appealing physically. I'll for sure go on a date with him. It kinda makes me laugh though, because only just the other night did he pop up in my search results and I was like "Yeah that one never responded" and kept moving. And then there he is the very next day.

If she says no, then she says no, and she's not cool enough to withstand your awesome. Not the kind of person you want to be seeing anyway! Boo! Next!
I gotcha. And a lot of physical stuff you can change, too - getting fitter, shaving, etc. People change their looks all the time, so his pics might not even be accurate.

Who knows, maybe it's fate that took him a year to respond. But even if you don't hit it off with him, you deserve to have fun.

I guess I'm easy, because I don't really have a physical 'type' or 'look' I go after. It's all kind of on a whim. I mean, I look at pictures, but between a super hot girl that I instantly have an interest in and a girl who I feel kind of 'meh' about who has cute, dorky photos of her doing fun things. . . I now which one I'm going to contact.

And thank you. LOL. I feel better already.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Ever had a moment where you just sit and think to yourself, "This is the way it's supposed to be." - as if every choice, every rough patch, every internal debate over what is RIGHT and what was GOOD finally paid off and you know, without a doubt, you discovered what you were supposed to be doing all this time?

I married Jin because I thought I loved him. I also married him because he was my "knight in shining armor", and he promised to get me out of the hellhole of my mother's house. After two years, I divorced him because he was tearing me down, emotionally, mentally, physically. I loved him, don't wish him any harm, hopes he finds what he is looking for and I share part of the blame in our ruin. We were young, we didn't come from any background that let us know what we were doing was wrong, that people who love each other don't fight like that. But damage done, I got out.

Landed on my ass, because he took everything he could. Moved in with BeAu and Rhio, they were my rocks in some serious sea of ****. Mr. Jager came to visit one night, we all woke up in the same bed and Rhio calls out a, "You're the other girlfriend now." I didn't have anywhere else to go. I loved Rhio for years. I went with the flow. BeAu and I bonded well enough, and eventually sorted out our issues with each other and grew close. He did what he was supposed to do, treat us equally. Rhio used me as a blow up doll in a french maid outfit for months to make herself seem more interesting to her boyfriend. I gave her everything I had. Cleaned for her, did her make up, her hair, helped her son with his homework, eased tensions when her and BeAu fought, gave her someone to lean on and did everything she asked of me. "I want sex/attention with BeAu", so I backed off. "I want another kid", so I was super excited, loved the idea, explored options and sat with her for hours fantasizing. I helped her plan her wedding, because I wanted her happy. She used me, lied to me, led me on for months, never showed me any REAL love or interest before - finally - I let it go and she confessed she didn't love me "that way". She was done with me and wanted to kick me to the curb. BeAu didn't agree. So we ended up trying to make it work. Rhio broke up with BeAu, tried to kick us both out. It was a perfect excuse, she had been trying to break up with him for the past year. She caused drama and strife where there was none. Convinced herself, and others, that I was trying to kill her, that I "stole" her fiance, that I would turn her son against her, that I was a homewrecking *****, that I was nothing, would never amount to anything, and I deserved everything I got from Jin and my mom. Created stories about him cheating on me with her, just to create issues because she "didn't think I'd actually leave him". She painted the story of her coming to the rescue of an abused housewife, taking her in, then the girl slick steals her man from under her nose. She never mentions that she dated me too, never mentions anything I did for her, how I loved her.

People come up to us and say, "How dare you do that to Jerrod and Rhio?" How dare us do....what? Me asking for a divorce from my abusive husband and after EIGHT MONTHS moving on? Us giving her what she wanted? Dealing with the stalking, the phone calls, the rumors with silence instead of social war? How dare us...be happy, despite all this ridiculousness? How dare we....?

It's sorta silly, looking back on all of it. It's like imagining there's a hornet in your room, but it was just a fly all along. Something mildly annoying, buzzes in your ear every now and then, but you just swat it away and go on with what you were doing. We're happy. If we want it, we just do it. Do what makes you happy, not what makes other people happy.

Besides, Jin is finally giving me the divorce now.
My brother is actually shipping out first thing after graduation. I'll be able to spend this time with him.
Things happen and I just breathe a sigh of relief that I chose this instead of something else.

Woot. I love my life. And I'm still moving to Colorado.

2013 has been an interesting year. But not a BAD year. It's been a learning year.

Last edited by Lyzelle; 10-16-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Silence, peasants.

I want to make cookies. I need to make cookies. I am making cookies when I get home.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I want to make cookies. I need to make cookies. I am making cookies when I get home.
I just made Pumpkin cookies, NOMNOMNOMNOM!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Active Pup

Smile " America's Next Top Dog Model" Search

Doggie Design, Inc. is on the search for dog models for their New 2014 catalog!

The winning pictures will not only be printed in their catalog modeling their designs, but they will be features on their website, printed ads, trade shows, etc.

Here is the best part, your doggie gets to keep any and all of the designs and products they model.

All you have to do is to submit a picture. The details are on their facebook page under Doggie Design, Inc.

How fun!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 PM
dogstrong

Peanut butter cookies here!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"