Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Psychological projection

Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1890s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world. For example, a person who is rude may accuse other people of being rude.

I see this a lot on the internets musing musing musing.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Psychological projection

Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1890s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world. For example, a person who is rude may accuse other people of being rude.

I see this a lot on the internets musing musing musing.

Indeed.

However, Freud was a quack.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I know not everyone is religious but I still feel like it is worth sharing.

A friend I didn't know too well invited me to her bible study. I had no excuse so I went and the lessons have been absolutely perfect. It is amazing to me how well the study relates to where I am. The lady was writing it when her mom passed away. I mean just SO familiar, it is amazing.

My friend/acquaintance gave out little bookmarks to everyone and mine was one with a butterfly and a saying about not giving up hope. The PERFECT thing I needed to hear after last week. And a butterfly? My mom's favorite animal, her favorite dog breed, and the type of tumor that ended her life (butterfly glioma).

I know... lots of inspirational things have butterflies on them, but it happens every now and then that I get handed something perfect with a butterfly on it. The last card she ever sent to me was butterflies. The only gift my parents got on their honeymoon was a mounted butterfly.
Really cool. I'm glad that you've found a place to get involved and that things are so meaningful to you. That's really special.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Wow. Thankful for things working out the way they did. The company I almost worked for just laid off a ton of employees. Glad I ended up where I am. Hope the people I know still have jobs...
Quote:
I know not everyone is religious but I still feel like it is worth sharing.

A friend I didn't know too well invited me to her bible study. I had no excuse so I went and the lessons have been absolutely perfect. It is amazing to me how well the study relates to where I am. The lady was writing it when her mom passed away. I mean just SO familiar, it is amazing.

My friend/acquaintance gave out little bookmarks to everyone and mine was one with a butterfly and a saying about not giving up hope. The PERFECT thing I needed to hear after last week. And a butterfly? My mom's favorite animal, her favorite dog breed, and the type of tumor that ended her life (butterfly glioma).

I know... lots of inspirational things have butterflies on them, but it happens every now and then that I get handed something perfect with a butterfly on it. The last card she ever sent to me was butterflies. The only gift my parents got on their honeymoon was a mounted butterfly.
Isn't it amazing when God shows his hand in such a meaningful and powerful, personal way?!

So glad you found a bible study group that you can identify with and feels so personal to you

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-10-2013, 09:48 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Just saw an ad on craigslist for a "dwarf hippo". It was a very cute Skinny Pig. Totally never thought of them as looking like dwarf hippos, but...I can see it! Hahaha

Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Bored Now.

I'm not sure who I have a bigger crush on from BSG:

Apollo or Starbuck.

Although Starbuck's really more my type. Blonde. Picks fights. Starts brawls. Makes stupid, reckless decisions. Is an asshole for no apparent reason. Problem(s) with authority. Love it.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Just saw an ad on craigslist for a "dwarf hippo". It was a very cute Skinny Pig. Totally never thought of them as looking like dwarf hippos, but...I can see it! Hahaha
Omgosh, you mean I really could have my very own "House Hippo"?? Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

Old 10-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

I'm on my third year of college...averaging 9-12, mostly 12 credits per semester.

I'm actually quite pleased at where my student loans are at right now. I will have debt but nothing overwhelming. I'd probably be doing better if I put my taxes or paid a little towards it each month, but it's still not bad.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Aware

I'm pet sitting at someone's house... And the other sitter hasn't brought the dog back yet. Nor has she called me.

ETA, got ahold of her, since she couldn't be bothered. She's keeping the dog with her... So I am out $100. Awesome. That makes $400 worth of work cancelled this week.

Last edited by Julee; 10-11-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Bored Now.

I. . . actually kind of like this guy.

I'm surprised.