Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I met my boyfriend on Okcupid! Lol I guess it varies by region.. being in Boston, the site is nearly 100% college aged-people.. and I'd easily say 70% are looking for relationships.
I live in a college town too so it's... full of college boys wanting a booty call LOL.
Or old men wanting... whatever that is.

Truthfully the booty calls did not bother me so much as the creepy old men. No surprises on the college boys, they see a cute girl in the profile picture and make their move (and good Lord, Lines face-to-face are bad enough but Lines on the internet are even lamer...) The creepy old men though... gross. Nope can't do it ew ew ew. I shut that down.

A friend of mine is still on there and she started messaging with a guy who seemed nice, they were having a good conversation until his fifth message went something like "We seem to have a lot in common and I think we could get along great in person too, so I'd like to ask you out on a date, maybe we could go get dinner and see a movie and then after that I'd like to take you home and eat you out and see how many times I can make you cum."
No lie. I saw the message. I had to read it three times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating halfway through and somehow reading a totally different e-mail.

Ew ew ew shut that down ew.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I live in a college town too so it's... full of college boys wanting a booty call LOL.
Or old men wanting... whatever that is.

Truthfully the booty calls did not bother me so much as the creepy old men. No surprises on the college boys, they see a cute girl in the profile picture and make their move (and good Lord, Lines face-to-face are bad enough but Lines on the internet are even lamer...) The creepy old men though... gross. Nope can't do it ew ew ew. I shut that down.

A friend of mine is still on there and she started messaging with a guy who seemed nice, they were having a good conversation until his fifth message went something like "We seem to have a lot in common and I think we could get along great in person too, so I'd like to ask you out on a date, maybe we could go get dinner and see a movie and then after that I'd like to take you home and eat you out and see how many times I can make you cum."
No lie. I saw the message. I had to read it three times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating halfway through and somehow reading a totally different e-mail.
Ew ew ew shut that down ew.
Stupid "lines" or saying gross things (like I wanna eat you out) at the bar I guess I'm just like whatever, you're drunk..people say dumb things.

BUT ON THE INTERNET?! You have time to edit that ****! You had to THINK about that, write it, decide it was a good idea, THEN SEND IT.

Like in what world would your friend (who obviously since they are a few messages in just isn't on the site looking for a hookup) respond well to that?!

Like what?! you want to what?! You don't even know how I am!
You couldn't make me orgasm with both hands and a map! You don't even know my last name!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
BUT ON THE INTERNET?! You have time to edit that ****! You had to THINK about that, write it, decide it was a good idea, THEN SEND IT.
I KNOW. There was seriously a point where he sat back, thought, "Yeah, that's good!" and clicked send.
WHAT.
WHAT.
WHAT.

I mean truthfully my friend probably would have slept with him if he had just straight up asked her to dinner and then afterward been like "so should we go back to my place?" But NO he decided to lead with THAT.
WHAT.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I don't feel like I'm 21. I feel like I'm in my 30's.

Running around trying to keep the fridge full, the house clean, the dogs fed and trained and exercised, getting to work, finishing up school, keeping our marriage healthy. Saving money for our house next year, saving money for two new vehicles, saving money for a horse, planning money for propane and taxes and new tires. Buying things that are completely unnecessary to life. Full benefits and making the average salary of normal middle aged American families. It's all things society tells me that 30 year olds do. 21 year olds are supposed to be out partying and passing out in unknown peoples bed's after contracting several STI's.

Then there is planning for ACD and eventual bird dog puppy and it makes me feel like Josh and I are planning to have children. "Well this is what we need to do for these developmental stages, and this is how they should be fed, and we will have to pack a whole doggy diaper bag for the trip..." I feel like a mom. A very awkward mom who gets those glances when walking down the sidewalk. "This is the time frame we need to plan for as I will have a break in school and will be able to..." blah blah blah.

It just doesn't seem right... We aren't spoiled. Both Josh and I work our butts off for what we have. Things just happened to fall into place for us. Sometimes I feel bad because we are better off than a lot of people we know. I don't know. Late night random musings from Meagan. This probably should have been a thread.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Behavior Nerd

Don't feel bad! I never did the irresponsible 20-something things either and I LOVE that DH and I are better off than a LOT of people we know. We've worked hard to do that and we deserve it **** it!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
I met my boyfriend on Okcupid!
I did too, as some already know. Not trying to rub salt in wounds or anything... just that I actually had a pleasant experience for the half year or so I was perusing the site. Even the guy I dated twice before my current dude was a nice guy. Even though we didn't hit it off, he visited my store to get his dog's food and say hi (and not in a creepy sense, he's since found someone else.)

My dating site muse... kindness and a bit of openness can go a long way. I had about 80% sex-or-vague creepers, 20% nice-but-not-my-type. Current boyfriend fell into the 20% category. Like, he really did. More than others. Profile text was all super-serious mode (and uh, many of you have met crazy me...) and aside for a few similar interests and morals, nothing clicked. But he started off talking about craft beer, so I amused it for the first few back-and-forth messages, and today here we are.

If my brief experience with dating sites have taught me anything at all, the profiles don't give the full measure of the person. At all. I mean things like kids and such? Yeah, those are bigger. Even then, they may not be quite as they appear.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Club Terrible - President

I've been starting my day very consistently at 9am-9:30am. It's nice.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I've been starting my day very consistently at 9am-9:30am. It's nice.
I start mine at 5-530, the jealousy I have for your schedule is immense.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

I saw War Horse, the theater production a few nights ago and it was amazing.

For those of you that love horses, the puppetry of those horses are phenomenal! If it ever passes through your area or you're in London, go see it! Highly recommended!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:20 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I don't feel like I'm 21. I feel like I'm in my 30's.
Me, too. Only finances are a little bit tighter for us and I'm currently not in the "buy all the nice things!" phase because I'll be moving next year and don't really have any motivation to deal with decor until I know we'll be somewhat stationary for a bit. I, too, have a diaper bag for my dogs when they come to work with me. LOL I'm 22...in the next year I'll be married, across the country from my family, being 100% responsible for everything, and most likely planning for a child. Thinking about that makes me go O.o. It seemed like just yesterday I was at home being a kid!

Quote:
You couldn't make me orgasm with both hands and a map! You don't even know my last name!
My most favorite line ever today.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~