Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Original Twin

Ok, Im curious, if you are asexual, why are you on a dating site?
Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
I might be wrong, but there's more to companionship and relationships than sex I think asexual means doesn't want sex, but doesn't rule out companionship.... I might be wrong. I am not asexual!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Asexual does not mean not interested in the love part of a relationship...just not the sexy stuff , and even then there are varying degrees.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ahahaha. Actually I'm pretty sure he did read my profile. He just seemed to think the way to start a conversation was to tell me about himself and then instruct me to ask if I had any questions about him.
And said nothing about me.
And didn't ask about me.

It was more of a dictation than a conversation (starter.)

Although he did apparently miss where it said I don't want kids because he "definitely" wants kids. But that's such a tiny little insignificant detail. Not a deal-breaker in relationships at all ever.

As an aside if you don't want creepy creepers sending you e-mail propositioning sex you probably shouldn't be on OKCupid because that's pretty much 99% of the entire website.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Asexual does not mean not interested in the love part of a relationship...just not the sexy stuff , and even then there are varying degrees.
Ah, that makes sense.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
oh god this. im on okcupid and the percentage of messages i get that are not even reply-to-able is staggering. its either "hi im jake" and nothing else, or "cheesy pick up line and generic youre so hot statement. invite to hook up on a date. im into XYZ that you clearly state you dont want on your profile which i didnt read" especially the hookup requests annoy me. what part of "i am asexual" did you happen to miss, on my profile? if you cant be arsed to read a few short fun paragraphs about me, why should i want to meet you?
I am willing to venture that they don't actually know what Asexual means. they probably think they know... hence why they are messaging for hookups but are very misled on what it ACTUALLY means

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
You can date and not have sex. There are tons of asexual people who are happily married...they just don't have sex (and some actually do experiment with sex, thye just don't usually enjoy it).

There's even an asexual-only dating site.

A lot of people don't understand that for those of us who are asexual, romance and sex are two completely different things. I'm asexual and panromantic. Someday I may find a person I'd like to date or have a close relationship with, even though sex is not a part of the picture.

Quote:
Ahahaha. Actually I'm pretty sure he did read my profile. He just seemed to think the way to start a conversation was to tell me about himself and then instruct me to ask if I had any questions about him.
And said nothing about me.
And didn't ask about me.
I'd bet money that guy's on the autism spectrum somewhere. Because that's pretty much how I handled dating sites for my little dating site stint
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Resident fainting goat

I met my boyfriend on Okcupid! Lol I guess it varies by region.. being in Boston, the site is nearly 100% college aged-people.. and I'd easily say 70% are looking for relationships.

I mean finding someone to hookup with in Boston isnt that hard (certainly easier than making a profile).. go to the bar nearest your/another university. Get drunk. Wait. so the site has sort of taken the rest of the crowd who are interested in more than that (and those who don't like bars I guess lol)

Again though, I'm sure it depends on region. I couldn't be happier with the results!
My boyfriend was one of quite a few message I received. Most were pretty sincere/nice, a few creepos, a few random "hey sexy", a few oddballs who I assume didn't read my profile..

he was the first one I replied to because his message was the longest and it stuck with me while reading the others (and I thought he was cute) We hit it off and I deleted the profile soon after.

There is hope on Okcupid!

tldr: met boyfriend on Okcupid. He is hot and his message was long (he said Merlin was cute) so I dated him and ditched the profile.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Hmmmm. Skyping was not as fulfilling as I had hoped. Just made me miss actually being able to touch him more. But, I suppose being able to see his goofy grin was rather nice. ^^ December, please hurry up!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Hmmmm. Skyping was not as fulfilling as I had hoped. Just made me miss actually being able to touch him more. But, I suppose being able to see his goofy grin was rather nice. ^^ December, please hurry up!
Skype hurts like hell.
Honestly, we have taken to email/facebook chat 100 times more than skype.
Facetime is also fun if one of us is somewhere interesting.
but having just regular conversations/dates on skype just..ugh. It goes from regular funny nice conversations and quickly turns into "I miss you." "I miss you too" then I start crying, then he wants to comfort me, then I cry more because he can't. Or he's having a bad day and wants to be home and I'm like "I WANT TO HUG YOU BUT I CAN'T" and I get really mad.

*look away children*

In case you haven't tried..skype sex also sucks. I just..don't see the allure. I'm so focused on camera angles and stuff I can't even deal with what I'm trying to accomplish lol at the end of it, it's two frustrated people and inevitably turns into, on both sides "UGH I'M NAKED YOU'RE NAKED WHY CAN'T WE JUST TELEPORT AND HAVE SEX FOR REAL THIS SUCKS WHYYYYYY"
At least with phone sex I can focus on what I'm doing.
and at least with pictures/snapchat I can edit the pictures! LOL

Plus you've gotta shave your legs/bits even though he's gone which is such a waste honestly. ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT