Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
You think Disney customer service is impressive, try Universal Studios. HOLY MOLY. Those were the NICEST people I have ever interacted with in my life. I felt like a celebrity the entire day. They made Disney employees look like they were picked off the street and paid minimum wage.

(Not saying Disney was bad, just that Universal was 10x as good).

My experiences are the California parks though--maybe Florida employees are a different breed.
I have only been to universal once. Right now they don't have much for hannah's age group so we haven't taken her

But it's funny you mention that it was the California Disneyland because that is a common complaint I have heard about Disneyland vs Disney World is the treatment from Cast members. It appears (from what I hear as I haven't been out there myself) that there is a large difference between the employees at the two resorts. We have had incredible service at Disney World Florida and so many random magical moments where they have gone above and beyond especially with Hannah. Like the time she was chosen to Open the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and they had this whole ceremony for her and stuff... Never forget it lol. Or during a meet and greet with Mary Poppins she asked Hannah if she wanted to meet Belle an took her by the hand and led her to a personal spontaneous meeting with Belle. She took Hannah to the spot and actually went back to the cast member area to bring Belle out to her lol. And they brought complimentary champagne and strawberries out for us at dinner when they heard it was our anniversary.

Would love to do a cross country road trip sometime out to Disneyland just so i can say I have been there once lol. I don't fly anymore (my heart just can't take it anymore lol) so everywhere has to be a road trip lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Holy cow I just had the hottest mint on the planet. My tongue is numb

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Vizsla mom

Sparks- we're there from theee 8th- 16? I think.. and hilarious that you knew the dates for the runs even though you aren't in them!! We should make a point to meet up (can you do that in Disney? I hear it's like a mini-country ..and possibly bigger than some)!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Sparks- we're there from theee 8th- 16? I think.. and hilarious that you knew the dates for the runs even though you aren't in them!! We should make a point to meet up (can you do that in Disney? I hear it's like a mini-country ..and possibly bigger than some)!
LOL I can plan for anything in Disney. I am a guru lol. I know what patk we will be at on what day and when so we can definitely meet up if our schedules allow . Friday is the day we check out but we are staying overnight off site and not leaving until saturday

G.K. Chesterton

Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I am in a musing mood tonight. But not about anything particular. Every thought that crosses my mind is followed with a "hmmmmm....I wonder if....."

I think I need to sleep.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm All Ears

I was falling asleep at my desk so I went and got coffee and I have NO idea what they put in it (I let them pick the drink- just wanted caffeine) and now I can't sit still at my desk!!!!!!!!

I need to go run a lap!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm using a sewing machine...! I'm trying to make bandana collars to sell at the gsp meet up to raise a bit of money for gsp rescue! I hate sewing. You can tell lol. However, I'm not claiming to be a master sewer and its for charity so I'm hoping people will be nice and buy some lol! I'm going to ask for £2 which I think is pretty cheap, and will cover the cost of the material (which was cheap) and still make a good profit!

Fingers crossed enough people come!!!!

We are going to try and make gsp style cup cakes too.... Why did I get myself into this?!!! Hope I pull it off!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Lightbulb

Speaking of Disney World, I'm going in Feburary! My sister's cheerleading team will be at the national competition that is held there, so we're all going down to watch. So excited, I love Disney!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

My musing tonight is about the controversy in the Appaloosa world about blindness in the breed.

"A 2006 study by the University of Minnesota concluded that Appaloosas were eight times more likely to go completely blind than any other breed of horse. This might also be due to genetics, but so far, the reason why a horse gets this disease is unknown. Appaloosas seem to be more prone to contracting a disease called ERU (Equine Recurrent Uveitis) which then causes the blindness. This is also called "moon blindness". Not all horses with ERU go completely blind."

http://www.helium.com/items/1159498-...ealth-problems

I still need to dig into it a bit more, but many very involved App people do not think blindness is an issue, while others have had theirs go blind at a very young age.

Hmm...

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Vizsla mom

I heard moon blindness was more common in Apps& Paints for as long as I can remember.. I always actually thought it was a fact!