Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
It may be old, but I just saw your new sig, and every time I scroll by a post of yours, I end up staring at Moo for like, 5 minutes.

I love it.
I just put it up. thank you, I figured it was time to add the baby.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Sport Model Pug

I obviously missed "how to be girly" lessons growing up because i bought makeup tonight and hell if i know what i'm doing with it.

I want to put in an effort... but i have no idea where to start really. It makes me want to hide

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Top Dog

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this and didn't want to make a thread of its own, but I've been thinking and I'm just not sure. How long after starting a new job is it appropriate to ask for a 3 day weekend off? As it is, I'm working every weekend and have Thurs, Fri, and Mon off. I know this is just me being a whiney baby but everything I want to do seems to be on the weekend and I've had to miss some awesome (so close to home!!!) events because of work. There's a show at the end of November I was thinking about trying to make. But I don't want to come off as a bad employee asking for days off right away. At that point, I'd have been working over three months with this company.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
I wasn't sure exactly where to post this and didn't want to make a thread of its own, but I've been thinking and I'm just not sure. How long after starting a new job is it appropriate to ask for a 3 day weekend off? As it is, I'm working every weekend and have Thurs, Fri, and Mon off. I know this is just me being a whiney baby but everything I want to do seems to be on the weekend and I've had to miss some awesome (so close to home!!!) events because of work. There's a show at the end of November I was thinking about trying to make. But I don't want to come off as a bad employee asking for days off right away. At that point, I'd have been working over three months with this company.
Go ahead and ask. All they can do is say no. If you explain that it's for something in particular and not just because you want to be lazy, they'll probably do it - so long as there are people to cover for you.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Go ahead and ask. All they can do is say no. If you explain that it's for something in particular and not just because you want to be lazy, they'll probably do it - so long as there are people to cover for you.
Yup, I wouldn't mind asking. But then again, I work at a vet clinic that has very family atmosphere...some of our new techs have only been with us about three months, and one has already taken a weeks vacation. *shrugs*

Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My dad was not home when I went home for lunch. He has been home most days except for when he was at the doctor. I'm thinking he is at my house possibly working on things. This is good because there's stuff to be worked on, but it makes me nervous too because that means he's at my house all by himself. Not that it matters, he was home all by himself all this time, but he wasn't really doing much. And I'm sure he's fine. But he just told me last week that the doctor told him "Your blood condition was scary and we honestly don't know why you didn't die." So I don't really know how I feel about this but it's not really great.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We always get the "DISNEY AGAIN" reaction whenever we plan another Disney vacation. It doesn't bother me but a friend posted this on her facebook page and I thought it was the perfect summary

" Relocated Tourist sums up my love of Walt Disney World so much with her blog post....

"At any time, I can ride a train, see a Broadway style show, or fly over London. I can visit Pirates one day, Bears the next, and Ghosts on another. I can dance among lanterns, go under the sea, or fly with elephants. I can go back in time and visit Dinosaurs, or ride a mission into Space. I can be an extra on a Movie Set, audition for American Idol, or take an Animation class. I can safari with giraffes, lions, and white rhinos and then visit a forest full of Gorillas. I can visit Countries from all over the World, speed on a race track, or fly on Aladdins carpets. I can get a Danish at the bakery in France, egg rolls in China for lunch, and eat dinner under the stars at Sci-Fi. I can ride horses at Fort Wilderness, take a boat ride from any of the Water side Resorts, or go to Lua at the Poly."

I have been about a dozen times in my life so far, Hannah has been 5 times and in January she will be making her 6th trip there and we haven't even scratched the surface of all the things there are to do and experience there

123 to go

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Vizsla mom

I'm going to Disney in January, too! I don't understand all the hype surrounding it.. me& my two good friends started picking 1 location a year to run a half-mararthon& make a trip out of it. They decided Disney this year. I'm excited but not like SUPERPUMPED like they are ahah
Old 09-04-2013, 04:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
I'm going to Disney in January, too! I don't understand all the hype surrounding it.. me& my two good friends started picking 1 location a year to run a half-mararthon& make a trip out of it. They decided Disney this year. I'm excited but not like SUPERPUMPED like they are ahah
You are doing the half marathon there in January? AWESOME. That may be when we will be there. January 5th-10th but I know there are some later in the month, too.

Have you been to Disney before?

just on a strictly customer service base... it's AMAZING. You will not get service like you get from Cast Members anywhere... EVER lol. Disney does everything right. Guest experience is the most important thing And then pepper in DISNEY awesomeness... Cinderellas CASTLE, amazeballs fireworks (they spend almost a Mill a night between all the parks on fireworks lol), the themeing can't be touched, ok... I'll stop lol I could go on forever haha

but I do "suffer" from Peter Pan Syndrome LOL (I don't really suffer... I love it lol). nevermind Disney itself but the majority of people are just HAPPY when they are there and NO ONE is a stranger. We've met so many cool people during our trips. It's almost heartbreaking when we come home and no one wants to strike up a random conversation with you LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Vizsla mom

Yup, we're doing the half but it's Jan 11th! My birthday I will admit, I'm excited to spend my birthday not buried in snow ahah

None of us have ever been so it will be an interesting experience for all of us! I'm mostly excited to pet a giraffe& go to a water park. I have a few friends who go yearly and are hilarious enamoured with the place! I am sure that I will enjoy myself, we have a suit in Animation Station (or something??) for 7 nights so will be fun!