Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Top Dog

I was listening to Macklemore's "Same Love" earlier (my current favorite song), and I got to thinking...being gay isn't a choice, but so what if it was? What would be so wrong about someone CHOOSING that lifestyle? Shouldn't it be okay regardless?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'll be getting married in six months. (Sooner, actually, if you count us signing documents as getting married. We're going to have the ceremony later, and that is when we'll both think of us as "married".) I'll be living out of state, maybe across he country, in six months. And in a year (or two), if everything is stable, we think we want to start trying for a child.

I never thought I'd be here. Never really planned on getting married (although I hoped I would). Never really planned on having kids. Definitely never planned on moving out of state. It just seems so...strange. In a very good way.

It's odd how life turns out sometimes.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I'll be getting married in six months. (Sooner, actually, if you count us signing documents as getting married. We're going to have the ceremony later, and that is when we'll both think of us as "married".) I'll be living out of state, maybe across he country, in six months. And in a year (or two), if everything is stable, we think we want to start trying for a child.

I never thought I'd be here. Never really planned on getting married (although I hoped I would). Never really planned on having kids. Definitely never planned on moving out of state. It just seems so...strange. In a very good way.

It's odd how life turns out sometimes.
I agree! I have many similar thoughts lately. It makes my brain pop
Old 08-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

My exhusband told me that I will find my way in life because I am a wonderful, talented woman.

I'm unsure if this is a new low or what.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Top Dog

I am so tired of trying to make things work in my life, and try to figure out what to do, and the decisions I needed to make like yesterday.

I couldn't get enough financial aid to support myself through school in Arizona. So I'm staying here. I'm currently going to a community college. I can't decide on a degree program. I work 10-6 Sunday-Thursday..I can't find a program that has classes during the times I'm available. I could move my schedule around and do like a 5pm class once a week or something, but there are still a handful of classes that aren't offered at that time. I was aiming for a biotech degree but one of the classes is off campus..like two hours away from my house...three times a week..in the middle of the day .

I've been leaning towards a vet tech program but I end up with the same result, I'm not available for a full time, week day schedule. So I was thinking of just finishing out general studies or a business degree (online mostly)...but I don't think that will get me farther in life. I can't not work. Considered looking for overnight or evening work, no, I love my job and I would hate to give it up.

So then I'm still living with my mother, who is insisting I pay a large amount of rent, and I'm considering buying a house instead. Rent here is insane. But then I'm stuck here. I don't like this state. I would like to be in Arizona. And my car is having some squeaking and rattling noises. Everyone is saying to get rid of it, a Ford isn't going to last much past 100k miles. I'd be happy to pay a few repair bills, but what if I turn around in a few months and the transmission dies? But if I AM going to buy a house, I'd rather do that before buying a new car.

I really need to make some decisions .

And then I started seeing my ex again. I've known him a few years now, we've dated maybe like 3 months total. I agreed to start seeing him again, and last night he pulls out the I love yous and is talking about living together. Thanks for freaking me out. I really do like him, I think he is a nice guy, but I think I have some relationship issues and throwing that at me all at once freaks me out. Oh, and I find myself thinking of this song when I'm with him.

He's a bit vanilla (in a lot of aspects), and it worries me. I've been with people that I'm enthralled with, I can't get enough, I want to be with them all the time, everything is great. With him, it's just not so, but it isn't really "bad"...I don't know if I need to get over myself or what.

If you read all that you deserve a cookie or something.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Co-worker is sitting there bashing another co-workers beliefs, not even realizing that I believe the same. Looks like I get to have a serious talk with the staff about keeping their religion and politics out of the salon if they can't be civil about it. Ugh.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I am so tired of trying to make things work in my life, and try to figure out what to do, and the decisions I needed to make like yesterday.

I couldn't get enough financial aid to support myself through school in Arizona. So I'm staying here. I'm currently going to a community college. I can't decide on a degree program. I work 10-6 Sunday-Thursday..I can't find a program that has classes during the times I'm available. I could move my schedule around and do like a 5pm class once a week or something, but there are still a handful of classes that aren't offered at that time. I was aiming for a biotech degree but one of the classes is off campus..like two hours away from my house...three times a week..in the middle of the day .

I've been leaning towards a vet tech program but I end up with the same result, I'm not available for a full time, week day schedule. So I was thinking of just finishing out general studies or a business degree (online mostly)...but I don't think that will get me farther in life. I can't not work. Considered looking for overnight or evening work, no, I love my job and I would hate to give it up.

So then I'm still living with my mother, who is insisting I pay a large amount of rent, and I'm considering buying a house instead. Rent here is insane. But then I'm stuck here. I don't like this state. I would like to be in Arizona. And my car is having some squeaking and rattling noises. Everyone is saying to get rid of it, a Ford isn't going to last much past 100k miles. I'd be happy to pay a few repair bills, but what if I turn around in a few months and the transmission dies? But if I AM going to buy a house, I'd rather do that before buying a new car.

I really need to make some decisions .

And then I started seeing my ex again. I've known him a few years now, we've dated maybe like 3 months total. I agreed to start seeing him again, and last night he pulls out the I love yous and is talking about living together. Thanks for freaking me out. I really do like him, I think he is a nice guy, but I think I have some relationship issues and throwing that at me all at once freaks me out. Oh, and I find myself thinking of this song when I'm with him.

He's a bit vanilla (in a lot of aspects), and it worries me. I've been with people that I'm enthralled with, I can't get enough, I want to be with them all the time, everything is great. With him, it's just not so, but it isn't really "bad"...I don't know if I need to get over myself or what.

If you read all that you deserve a cookie or something.
Move to MI? I'm going through similar things with work schedule messing up school stuffs. It will work out.

You know I'm always available if you need to talk.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Is thinking about trying my hand at making an agitation harness...

Main trouble. Cannot find just a square of leather big enough for the front pad. Don't really want to order bulk scraps for two harnesses. Decisions.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

THIS IS HOW BORED I AM.

Llama llama duck.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post

THIS IS HOW BORED I AM.

Llama llama duck.
I was once a treehouse, I lived in a cake....somethingsomethingsomething doorknob ankle rake!

Haha, I didn't watch the video, I can't find my headphones, but seeing that reminded me of how much I used to love that song in elementary school. I only vaguely remember the lyrics now