Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-08-2014, 10:59 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Trying to decide if I'm desperate enough to apply to a local doggy daycare/boarding facility. I was a kennel tech for 6 years. I really have no desire to be a kennel tech again. But I need a job, and I'd take being a kennel tech over working as a sales clerk. I think. *sigh*
I'm hoping to have an interview with a grooming salon this week, and if that falls through I think I'll be desperate enough. I need to be working, because money doesn't grow on trees.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Well... as usual I have no idea how that interview went. They seemed to like me but that doesn't mean anything. I'm worried since I don't have print experience they'll be like "meh." My only hope is basically that I have a wide range of skills, and they were looking for somebody who could grow the position based on a variety of skills, so... yeah. Maybe? They're hoping to make a decision next week so I guess I'll know one way or another soon.

The other place still hasn't called me.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-08-2014, 12:05 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Trying to decide if I'm desperate enough to apply to a local doggy daycare/boarding facility. I was a kennel tech for 6 years. I really have no desire to be a kennel tech again. But I need a job, and I'd take being a kennel tech over working as a sales clerk. I think. *sigh*
I'm hoping to have an interview with a grooming salon this week, and if that falls through I think I'll be desperate enough. I need to be working, because money doesn't grow on trees.
I would too, I am NOT a people person. at least not the general public, other animal people, yeah but the "mainstream" public ... uh ... nooooo.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I would too, I am NOT a people person. at least not the general public, other animal people, yeah but the "mainstream" public ... uh ... nooooo.
I think I'm just extremely negative, because the last kennel I worked at was...not well managed. At all. Hard work, no appreciation, and very limited maintenance was done. We were basically expected to work magic and make this awesome boarding atmosphere with little to no proper equipment or hours. I liked the animals (well, most of them LOL), I liked the job...but I was burnt out by the end of it.

I also thought about applying for part time work at the local humane society (get paid and feel like I was making a difference, even if the emotional toll will be high), but on the application they ask you if your pet is spayed/neutered. Do I lie and say no? Or say yes, and then most likely not get hired? What kind of question is that, anyway? What does the status of my dogs' balls have to do with whether or not I'd be a competent employee? Good grief. I was also thinking about fostering with them through their "baby brigade" and volunteering to take in orphaned bottle baby kittens. Now I'm wondering if they'd even let me, due to Abrams' balls. Jeez.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I've done both. I miss kennel work a bit, it's kind of soothing to me, but I guess I don't miss the manual labor. It's kind of nice to ride into retail on a stormy or cold winter day and be able to stay inside. I really enjoy my retail job, the work specifically.

Quote:
I also thought about applying for part time work at the local humane society (get paid and feel like I was making a difference, even if the emotional toll will be high), but on the application they ask you if your pet is spayed/neutered. Do I lie and say no? Or say yes, and then most likely not get hired? What kind of question is that, anyway? What does the status of my dogs' balls have to do with whether or not I'd be a competent employee? Good grief. I was also thinking about fostering with them through their "baby brigade" and volunteering to take in orphaned bottle baby kittens. Now I'm wondering if they'd even let me, due to Abrams' balls. Jeez.
When I first moved here I looked into volunteering a bit at two local shelters-both had applications, they needed to know if your pets were fixed, and wanted vet references and so forth. Bizarre. One even wanted you to come in on like a work schedule and you had to commit to so much time a week.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Top Dog

I'm staring a new position in a different area of the zoo as soon as Monday. I had planned on staying in my current position as well, since we're a public/privat partnership and I currently work for the private portion, and the new position is with the public portion. However, the zoo has a policy that you cannot work for both for 30 days following the start of a public-side position.

So...starting Monday I'll be taking a leave of absence from my current position until May 15. And then, depending on what happens with the job I just interviewed for yesterday, I may be moving 3 1/2 hours away. And that would mean this coming Sunday would be my last day in this department. If I don't get the job I just interviewed for, then I will be coming back to myoriginal department in a limited capacity (lunch coverage Mon-Fri for and hour and 2 days of animal care each week).

Then all this happened just prior to my weekly volunteer time in another department, so I went "Oh ****, I wonder if I can still volunteer..." and the answer is no, no I cannot still volunteer. And that question was not answered until after I left that department for the day. So today may very well have been my last day volunteering.

I'm excited for this opportunity, but I'm not ready for it to be my last day in either department yet. I love both of them SO much. I don't want to go :'(
Old 04-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Wild At Heart

Only in my town would someone rob a bank, go eat lunch at KFC (a mile from first bank), then leave KFC and go directly across the street to rob another bank.

Harleigh <3
Old 04-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
Only in my town would someone rob a bank, go eat lunch at KFC (a mile from first bank), then leave KFC and go directly across the street to rob another bank.

Okay, this made me LOL

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post

Last fall my area had a string of bank robberies by an elderly man. He got away with two, with no one having luck identifying him. Then he got greedy and went for a third, where he was caught.

Is two not enough for you?! Greedy.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

it's 5:00 and I've had enough sangria that I can no longer feel my tongue.

Also uploading 200+ pictures of Hudson to FB....so there's that.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/