Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Sit! Good dog.

It occurred to me today that because of Fred's recovery we haven't actually just gone out and PLAYED together much. Just rough housed and interacted and tugged and chased.

So I just took him out with a tug and we played. And it was brilliant. And he was actually a bit... Non-committal at first, but started to realise what he needed to do, and got revved up and bounced after the tug and chased it. And I thought, we've missed out on so much!!!!!! My poor brown boy there's so much we should have done together by now. He loved it when he's finished dozing I might do it all again this afternoon too.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Obey the Toad.

Going to see the draft horse show today with a good friend.

This friend is having a hard time right now. Her dad was recently diagnosed with Stage 3c colon cancer. This is after the man has had 3 heart attacks and several years ago her mom had lymphoma, which she is now in remission from. It just isn't fair--no one family should have to deal with that much sickness.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

I accidentally ordered a crapton of jalapenos on my sub sandwich, and I don't usually get any because they're spicy. Turns out they're actually pretty good.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I cooked BBQ... We did sausages, bacon, steak, lamb steaks, mint kebabs, chicken kebabs (jerk, nandos and peri peri), flat mushrooms, salad and asparagus. Oh and bread buns...... And coleslaw.

There's only us two

I ate a nibble of everything and I'm stuffed. And we have more than we ate leftover. Oops.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Top Dog

I was cleaning out my closet and found a small Furby. (The kind found in a Happy Meal or something.) I threw it to the side and Gwen pounced on it.

She has been carrying it around and hoarding it all day. She especially loves when she squeezes it and it says things. Good thing the ferrets don't talk.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
I was cleaning out my closet and found a small Furby. (The kind found in a Happy Meal or something.) I threw it to the side and Gwen pounced on it.

She has been carrying it around and hoarding it all day. She especially loves when she squeezes it and it says things. Good thing the ferrets don't talk.
Lol I had one of the first generation furbys and my moms dog (shih tzu/pug) fell in love with it. She carried it everywhere lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Just randomly remembered when The Fire Hydrant moved down to the bottom of the forum and everyone freaked out.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
Just randomly remembered when The Fire Hydrant moved down to the bottom of the forum and everyone freaked out.
Lol my phone and computer are still set to go directly to the fire hydrant since then lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Silence, peasants.

I wonder why Wesley thought it was a good idea to take a flying leap into the hammock. That is all.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 07-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I have a musing today. How come you can get so attached to people or animals you've never met before and only know via the internet? Seems weird.

Also, Harlow's eye is swollen. She's still being a brat. Not sure if it is worth a vet trip or not. Guess we will see if it goes down at all overnight.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/