Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 05-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Top Dog

Bailey absolutely hates anything to do with grooming, from bathing to being brushed.
Luckily the brushing side of things i don't have to worry too much about with him being short-haired.
Bathing him is a real task!

Thanks BP
Old 05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Squishy face

My terrier mix doesn't mind being brushed, but he bites if you are trying to clip his face/feet. We are trying to work with him on this. My lab likes being groomed. I use a curry brush to make her coat shiny and its probably like getting a full-body rub!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:08 PM
<---- Gerbil Tormenter

Jed loves being brushed. Nail clipping and bathing he hates. It's weird, if my husband helps me bathe him and clip his nails, Jed gets really agitated. If I do these things by myself, he's more calm.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.
Fact Check

The Finest in Cute Imagery
Cute Overload
Old 06-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Active Pup

Stefan no longer puts up with it for a long time, but luckily we can do 20 minutes a day. Mochi is terribly matted I'm working on him for an 30 minute stretches and he's not loving it but puts up with it. Unfortunately I want to shave him bald but I'm worried he'll fight an inexperienced groomer (me). So scissors and brush.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Dog Show Addict

Riot will stand it for a little while then get antsy and then fidgety and then eventually try and purposly fall off the bed to get away from it lmao

But.. when hes groomed.. hes also getting groomed profusely for shows.

lol line grooming is his enemy! lol

hes a pretty good boy for being 11 months old(omg.. hes getting old lmao) and withstanding hours of grooming! I do try and break it up im time slots though.. in maybe 30min i'll do his neck(hardest part to groom.. its SOO thick) then a break.. let him go run around.. then 30min doing his one side of his shoulder and some of his back.. then break then 30min doing one side of his butt and leg and fluffies(at his butt).. then a break and then we continue onto the other side..

It takes FOREVER to fully groom him lol
I can't wait until hes older and understands that grooming is essential to not look like a fuzzy ball of sticks(he gets them stuff in his fur sometimes when hes running around lol)
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 07-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Puppy Dog

I see from your pictures that Tucker is a little cocker. Start getting him groomed NOW! It is wonderful that you are taking your time to find a groomer that has a rapport with both you and Tucker, and not to sound mean, but you should have considered the cost of getting him groomed EVERY 6-8 weeks before you got a high maintaince breed like a cocker. Its wonderful that you are brushing him, esp if you plan to keep him in full coat. Not brushing him can lead to mats, which makes grooming painful. Even if he is not fuzzy yet, at least get him to the groomers to get him used to the sound of the force dryer and the clippers, as well as just being in the groom shop. If cost is an issue, consider grooming him at home. Be sure to buy high quality grooming supplies, not the $20 clippers from Wal-Mart. With home grooming you will have to plunk down a lot of money at once, but in the long run you save.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Active Pup

My dogs all run and hide when they see the big scary metal grooming box come out
Free dog training tips, cat training tips, articles, breed information, and various pet information by a professional animal behaviorist. We have many items available to purchase to benefit rescue.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Top Dog

Roxy hates it, because I spritz them a lot, she takes off after and rolls around on the couches and her bed! Doesn't mind getting a bath.

Hades could care less. If it involves mom and Hades he's in!!! He hates the blowdryer, absolutely terrified of it, but he still sticks around! LOL, hes just a mamma's boy! LOL
Old 07-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Bailey hates everything to do with Grooming......The bath, the brush EVERYTHING!

Good job he is a shorthaired and doesn't require too much Grooming

Thanks BP
Old 07-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Big Dog

Toby gives me the, "Why me?" look. He's okay with just a brushing.... but when its bath time or nail clipping time, I get "the" look.

http://tobylittledude.blogspot.com
More Pics on Toby's Blog!!~