Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 AM
but please call me Aus.

Charlie loves to be combed and brushed. Sometimes he rolls on his back so I can do his belly.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

Khaki hates baths. I can't keep her still while bathing her. Brushing her is a hastle also, not that she dislikes it, she just wants the brush so she can chew on it.

BH on the other hand loves both. He'll roll over for his belly to be brushed.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
bullie lover

Mojo learned to enjoy grooming when he realized it helped with the shedding itchiness around his neck. Now when I bring out my brushes, shedding blades, and stripping stone he will play bow to me - his universal response to everything pleasurable. Anyway, Mojo tolerates showers much better than baths, but won't tolerate nail trims at all. I don't even do them at home, i take him to a groomer to have his nails done every two - four weeks. It's an expense sometimes, but I just can't do it... my hands shake too much.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:39 PM
tessa_s212

None of my dogs enjoy grooming. With 4+ hours of it whenever they need a grooming, I don't blame them.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

Gunnar loves a good brushing and can't stand being kept out of the bathroom when anyone is in the shower/bath. He would be bathing all the time if we allowed!

Neva doesn't need much grooming but she is a trooper when it's time.

Katya will run away the min. she sees the brush and detangling spray but is tolerant once you catch her and with all that hair theres a lot of chasing going on, especially now when she is blowing her coat.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Top Dog

Chip loves to be combed/raked/brushed/slickered except his tail .... he's good about it though when he's lying on his sides. Excellent in the shower stall , will go in on his own and doesn't need to be held.... especially loves the quilt and towels spread out on floor when it's over to roll on. He loves my hair dryer and in fact when I use it, comes in bathroom for a quickly fluffing.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Are you dead yet?

Ripley loathes it and will put up a good struggle and game of "catch me if you can" (which involves crawling under the dining room table and grabbing madly for the slimy little brat!) but will tolerate it once he's actually been captured. He puts up a big fuss about having his feet trimmed, complete with growling and baring teeth, but it's all been just for show so far.

Dakota enjoys being brushed when he's tired. When he's awake, he'd rather be working.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Dog Grooming Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieSticksandTricks
Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Pixie is a total doll when it comes to being groomed.
In my experience, most dogs enjoy it if they trust the groomer and are treated gently and with respect. It's like a massage, pedicure, getting your nails done and a haircut all at once!

Or should be
Old 05-29-2006, 04:26 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Missy hates baths, but she behaves very well. She loves to be brushed, especailly if I'm using the Zoom Goom. She'll flop around and go "arooOOOOooooOOOOoooo" with her eyes half closed, and smiling.

Maddie likes water, hates to be dried, loves to be brushed and pampered. She's my angel, which I'm super grateful for that because she is long haired and it does take so long.

Charlie really doesn't want anything to do with any of it. It's because his former owner never did anything with him, and she got him from a rescue where he was abused. Once I catch him, though, he's good. It took me a week to get him used to letting me touch his tail :/ But he's learning to like it

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 05-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Skye enjoys being brushed. He doesn't care for the bath part and he doesn't like having his nails clipped... but he tolerates it without too much of a fight.