Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 05-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Default Does your dog enjoy it?

Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Pixie is a total doll when it comes to being groomed. When she gets her bath I think thats her less happy time but she does sit still and lets me move her around. When she is being brushed he enjoys it so much that her eyes get heavier and heavier and utnil she starts snoring standing up. She also does the same when she gets her nails clipped she is a dream.

I wouldn't say Tucker likes it but he tolerates it great. He hasent been clipped since we have had him because of money and we're extremly picky as to who we choose to be his groomer (too many horror stories). But he's not an extreme fuzz ball or anything lol yet. Though we did take him to petsmart awhile back with Pixie just to pamper them and get their nails clipped and their ears cleaned out. Right there we could totally see he came from a showdog home. He stood perfectly still didn't whine didn't move didn't twitch just just stood still and looked straight ahead.The groomer even commented on how wonderfully behaved he is on the table also considering he was a puppy.

So how are your dogs when they get groomed?
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Dobiegurl

My dog gives me the "I hate you" look. I find it rather amusing.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:02 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Emma screams like a Bashee if you do her nails

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 05-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Chloe likes it for a second and then she will give me THE LOOK and walk away..............
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Walks into Mordor

Zeus doesn't like baths, but he still behaves like a gentleman. He'll just give me this horrible sad face the entire time. Brushing, he's good. Nail trimming is good as long as it's with a traditional clipper. He doesn't like the feeling of the dremel tools. He doesn't like his ears cleaned. He'll try to slink away when he sees the bottle of cleaning liquid. But he will tolerate it and behave well once you make it clear that he's not going to sneak out of it.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Corgi bum

Zeus has such a beautiful face...I think that's one of the sweetest faces I've ever seen!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress
Zeus doesn't like baths, but he still behaves like a gentleman. He'll just give me this horrible sad face the entire time. Brushing, he's good. Nail trimming is good as long as it's with a traditional clipper. He doesn't like the feeling of the dremel tools. He doesn't like his ears cleaned. He'll try to slink away when he sees the bottle of cleaning liquid. But he will tolerate it and behave well once you make it clear that he's not going to sneak out of it.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Corgi bum

Jack trembles the whole time. Chloe seems to enjoy it, she does get a little sick of it toward the end after the bath, drying and brushing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieSticksandTricks
Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Pixie is a total doll when it comes to being groomed. When she gets her bath I think thats her less happy time but she does sit still and lets me move her around. When she is being brushed he enjoys it so much that her eyes get heavier and heavier and utnil she starts snoring standing up. She also does the same when she gets her nails clipped she is a dream.

I wouldn't say Tucker likes it but he tolerates it great. He hasent been clipped since we have had him because of money and we're extremly picky as to who we choose to be his groomer (too many horror stories). But he's not an extreme fuzz ball or anything lol yet. Though we did take him to petsmart awhile back with Pixie just to pamper them and get their nails clipped and their ears cleaned out. Right there we could totally see he came from a showdog home. He stood perfectly still didn't whine didn't move didn't twitch just just stood still and looked straight ahead.The groomer even commented on how wonderfully behaved he is on the table also considering he was a puppy.

So how are your dogs when they get groomed?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Golden Love

Emma doesn't "enjoy" it however she is a little cooperative angel while getting it done. You can tell she is far from her happy little self though.

Grooming Moco is like pulling teeth.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
-Lewis Grizzard

Old 05-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Twin 2.0

Aubrey loves being brushed, especially with her Zoom Groom. She'll fall over on her side and lay there in bliss and nudge you to keep going when you stop. Hates having her nails done with a passion, but this last time she was so good and stood for me! Usually it takes Daniel holding her and me clipping. Not so hot on the baths, but she'll stand there for it.

Sawyer will stand for it all, but it's not his favorite thing. He *hates* the forced air dryer though and flips out over it; whines like a banshee in the drying cages too. He likes the ZG well enough, and seems to like the pin brush I got him. He likes it even better if I'm trying to brush someone else, then he really wants to be groomed!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:34 AM
no touchy

They deal with it. They know they get treats for it, so they're pretty good. The border collie mix does hide when she sees the scissors though - she hates being clipped.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.