Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

Default Help me find a breeder :D

I'm NOT on the market for another dog at this point in time. Two is our limit, and we won't be seriously looking into getting another dog until atleast Charlotte or Ma'ii have passed on.

However, my husband and I have both decided that inspite of all the issues we've had with Ma'ii over time, the good have by far out weighed the bad. He's my fat goober face, and we can't picture ourselves without another ACD. The personality, intelligence, attitude, and loyalty is like none I've ever experienced with any other breed of dog, and I'm hooked. Despite the immense rescue support I've given over the years, I'm NOT anti breeder at all. I would like our next dog to be an ACD puppy from a breeder, and although it's still another 5 years easy before that happens, we'd like to start tentatively looking around now, possibly contacting and talking to breeders, to make our search in the future easier. Looking to get them professionally trained right from the get go, and then maybe get them into agility and herding trials. We have some really fun herding dog activities and events out here in AZ that we can't do with Ma'ii because of his back.

There's a breeder in Sacramento I've been talking to for a while who sounds great. That's one prospect. There is another one much closer to us in southern AZ where we spend a lot of our time. I'd of course like to stick to breeders in the south west, but we live in an RV and travel a lot, so I'm open to other areas in the states! Maybe even importing from Australia!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

This maybe isn't going to be helpful, but I'm on an ACD breeder group on Facebook, and I absolutely drool at the dogs in Finland/Germany/Poland. I don't know what it is. JessLough will tell you, I whine to her all the time that all the good ones are in Europe .

I can't help because I can't even think about breeders until I go to actually for a puppy .

Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

I'm on a couple ACD lists for the future too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
This maybe isn't going to be helpful, but I'm on an ACD breeder group on Facebook, and I absolutely drool at the dogs in Finland/Germany/Poland. I don't know what it is. JessLough will tell you, I whine to her all the time that all the good ones are in Europe .

I can't help because I can't even think about breeders until I go to actually for a puppy .
What FB group??
Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

Links plz!!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Top Dog

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3109...63630/?fref=ts

Does this work?

I don't actively post but I read most of the discussions and love looking at what people are producing. The group seems to have good knowledge if you are looking for something specific.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Thanks! I'm part of another ACD group on FB, but it's more for general banter. This one is new to me!