Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
We have started recently, building endurance.
This. We started again.

There was a point where we were walking at least 6 miles per day with about half of that running, and I'd like to get back to that point again. The more I run vs. walk the better cardio I get and the less time I spend, and it's the time I don't have. But gods, it takes me time to work up to it. I may need to start something more structured like a couch to 5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
My greatest wish is to have her energy from day to day!!
RIGHT!? I wish. I don't know where the little ****ers get it. At 8, Middie has just decided that a 6 mile walk/run is good exercise. Before, it definitely was more of a warm up.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

I've tried. But, Jack doesn't come in the speed I run in. It's awkard for him so he generally breaks into his trot which is too fast for me, and then that trot turns into a full on run. Which is fun to try and keep up with, but it isn't very feasible.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

I do, here and there. Not for very long, I'm not very fit yet. Macky is the bestest for it, so polite and fun. Keeva I let run in a harness, so she runs ahead of me and pulls LOL. It's nice because she actually canters (is that what it's called in dogs? LOL) and puts pressure into her harness, so it's a good workout for her. Yay for stumpy dogs!

Blossom is effing horrifying, frankly, but I still take her, on a 2' leash and a prong collar, she still pulls and is generally an idiot but whatever. She's finally learned not to cross in front of me, at least. I mostly take her so I can have a deterrent if I jog at night, it's really not efficient exercise for her at all.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I may need to start something more structured like a couch to 5k.
I just finished week 6 of the Zombies Run 5k training program and it is fun!

Just did 7k of running/walking with Pan today, she's a really good running partner.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Vizsla mom

There's so many great start running programs out there now! I see wayyyy more people running on the streets than even 2yrs ago. It makes me happy ..I want everyone to share my love for running.

My boyfriend doesn't. So I used it to guilt him into a dog
Old 06-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I don't think I will EVER have Siri's energy, lol, but I'm hoping to one day be a strong enough runner to be able to take the edge off her on days we don't do other activities.

Megan and I are over halfway done with the C25k so now I am looking at apps for 5k-10k bridge, if anyone has any suggestions! I looked at RunKeeper and apparently they have that style of training program? I am definitely starting to actually enjoy running more, I would love to love it one day

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

Lo really doesn't care for on leash running. She drags way behind. I dunno why. I had initially chalked it up to just having bad stamina, but if we go running on trails off leash, she has no problem keeping up and even darts ahead sometimes, so go figure.

I run with Lucy in harness, I wish she'd pull more.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Big Dog

When Olive and Tank get old enough I plan to start running with them. When I had my big dogs we would run 3 miles every other day. However, these past 6 months I've been a couch potato so I think I'm going to do a couch to 5k program to get back in the swing of things