Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Default Boozer update

As you know from the outdoor cat thread I was struggling on wether to get him used to going out, well he door dashed one of the contractors installing A/C in the hotbox known as a trailer...

That was almost 10 days ago and despite searching, calling, alerting the farmers nearby and animal control, he's not been seen since...

I feel like I failed him, I knew he wanted out and badly and I should have worked with him like I did my other two so when this happened he'd come back instead of going "FREEDOM" and never looking back...

And I did have a watch the cats note on the door, but its a 12x50 trailer, and they were carrying in a large AC unit... Though if they'd let me know they were coming I'd have locked them in the bathroom...

No more adults that are used to outside for me, Hannah is looking for him, and I'll likely get another, at some point, but it will either be a kitten that's never been out or an adult that is for sure ok being straight indoor
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'm sorry

You didn't fail him. You were told he was fine being inside. They obviously lied. You didn't let him out... He ran out.

He may still show up sometime.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry he's run off and you're all stressed and sad... you HAVEN'T failed him though. Cats can be hard to contain, and even cats that know to come home sometimes go berserk and run away for no reason. Cats go missing for weeks and then turn up all thee time. I remember getting "Missing Cat" posters for this black and white guy for months... never see him for those months. One day I manage to catch him in my yard. Cats are weird.

Give it some time, hopefully he'll come back.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I'm so sorry.
Please, please don't blame yourself. I'd need both hands to count how many times my cat has door-darted. It's a mistake any human can make that the cat slips out, and it doesn't mean you failed Boozer.
Plus, with cats, even when it looks bad, they can still turn up. A friend of mine had a cat that got out and had been missing long enough they assumed he was long gone. A YEAR later they found him at a barn not too far from where they lived.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Big Dog

I'm sorry! But agreed, you didn't fail him at all. He may still show up. We had a cat who was indoor only her WHOLE life, and at 7 years old she got a hair up her butt and bolted out the door and ran off into the woods (we lived on 10 acres with coyotes, a bear and a couple mountain lions) in the middle of winter! She showed up next July, a little skinny but alive and happy to be back inside, but after that she did like to go outside, but she always stuck pretty close to the house. Cats are pretty durable, they don't say they have 9 lives for nothing!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Love my pets

So sorry to hear what happened.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

I hope he turns up :-( I've lost enough pets to last me my lifetime this year alone.... I can't take anymore!