Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

LOL! I love you guys, seriously awesome

Here, this is GOT related!

ETA: Woohoo!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

Re Robb warging into Grey Wind

Small spoiler ADWDI mentioned this in my wonderfully long post (which I don't blame you for not reading). I don't think of it as a theory, really, after what we know from the prologue in ADWD, and the fact that Robb's last words were "Grey Wind." As far as I'm concerned that is what happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Extra post.

I do have a question about the end of ADWD....

MAJOR SPOILERS IN WHITE, DO NOT QUOTE:
MAJOR spoiler ADWD I bet he "died" just to be dramatic but either he's in Ghosts body (hence the prologue) or Mel brings him back or some combination of the two. There is a theory that Jon will meet LSH, and she'll give her "life" to reincarnate him the way Beric did for her (Azor Ahai reborn). I would be majorly majorly surprised and impressed if he's dead and written out. I highly doubt he is, just because of R+L=J, seems to me the story is leading up to Jon being a huge player at the end.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Artggggggg, I will be back this post when I can get to a PC. I can't read the white on my tablet.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm All Ears

I did read your long post! I just have trouble remembering what I read, haha.

SPOILERS HERE

So you think that R+L = J? I really want to but am not 100% sold yet. I'm re-reading from the start (been a while) so we'll see what I come up with this time around.

I really don't think he's dead but I'm not sure if I want Martin bringing him back from the dead. Martin's stated that in his world there has to be consequences for being brought back to life (like in LSH's case) so what would those be?

I've wondered if he's not just injured then he warged into Ghost and that's why he didn't feel the final knife?

Of course the tv series took out Robb's last words of 'Greywind' and replaced it with 'Mother'. Not sure what that means as far as the warg front...
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 AM
PSD Partner

After reading all of this I think I really need to read the books. So when Doug gets home tonight I am getting him to download them.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

Huge theory with evidence from book one (no evidence in the show) till fighty smilies. Huge spoiler ADWD after fighty guys.
"So you think that R+L = J? I really want to but am not 100% sold yet. I'm re-reading from the start (been a while) so we'll see what I come up with this time around. "
Yeah, I'm pretty sold. I think it's actually quite cleverly done, because most of the relevant info is in book one. For me, at that point, the whole Rhaegar/Lyanna thing wasn't really clear because we hadn't gotten the whole backstory laid out properly, and because there was so much going on in the present.

Everyone in the book says that fathering Jon was the ONE TIME Ned "forgot his honor." I'm thinking it was one of two times he told a huge public lie in an attempt to save/help his family... the second being his legitimization of Joffrey.

I think it would be pretty cool if Rhaegar and Lyanna eloped and Jon is actually a legitimate Stark/Targ (Ice/Fire). Proving it would be difficult though.

"I really don't think he's dead but I'm not sure if I want Martin bringing him back from the dead. Martin's stated that in his world there has to be consequences for being brought back to life (like in LSH's case) so what would those be?

I've wondered if he's not just injured then he warged into Ghost and that's why he didn't feel the final knife?"

That's a good point, the last Jon chapter reads:

'“Ghost,” he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold…'

That's a pretty clear parallel between his and Robb's deaths and it makes sense that he wargs into Ghost then.

Also, in the prologue, when Varamyr's spirit leaves his body, describes himself as cold, and when his body dies, he says it's super cold, so that would account for Jon feeling cold instead of the fourth blade.

It would be pretty miraculous to survive being stabbed in the belly and between the shoulder blades and presumably more places, though. I don't think they even have a proper maester at Castle Black right now. So how would Jon's body be salvaged? Maybe he is reborn in another body, and that's the consequence? ( I hope not)

"Of course the tv series took out Robb's last words of 'Greywind' and replaced it with 'Mother'. Not sure what that means as far as the warg front..."

I think Robb saying 'Grey Wind' was just sort of an Easter Egg in the book (especially if we do find out that Jon warged when he said Ghost, that would make it fairly obvious what happened to Robb on a re-read of the series.) If they did it in the show, they'd either have to cut Grey Wind's death or tried to make a fight scene with him.

Also:

Screenshots from the finale (includes spoilers. creepy.):
http://imgur.com/a/5Ueb1#0
Old 06-09-2013, 04:36 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Thank you all. I have been thinking about watching the series but just havent. Now I have to. There goes my life untill im caught up. Thanks. -.-

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 06-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Top Dog

Oh, regarding the theory from Book 1, I've been on board with that, too. But at this point it's such a popular theory that I feel like G. R. R. Martin won't make it happen. Has anyone read this link talking about the theory yet? http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/jon_snows_parents.html Warning, the page may include spoilers, especially if you go to the other pages. I think you actually have to select where you are in the book to even see the post - to see it, click the brown bar at the top that says "scope" and select "A Storm of Swords". I don't THINK I read any spoilers during my first read because I was caught up with the snow... but maybe there were small ones?

Just realized I have to deselect the "automatically parse links in text" option to make it invisible, so the url isn't clickable. Sorry!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
F150 and a .30-06

What season is it in? 3?

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 06-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Oh, regarding the theory from Book

Just realized I have to deselect the "automatically parse links in text" option to make it invisible, so the url isn't clickable. Sorry!
I didn't see any real spoilers there. The thing is, though, that it still may be a spoiler to a show watcher, because if it's true they're going to have to build it up and reveal it in the show as well... so it could be a really cool/suspenseful/thought-provoking part of the program.

But yeah, that link gives my thoughts and much much more. I feel it's a pretttyy solid theory lol.

I can't remember where the interview was from but I do remember GRRM being asked if any fan-theories were correct and he basically said something to the effect of :

yes there are some correct theories out there. He considered changing the story, but then thought that confirmation will be still satisfying for those who figured it out, the reveal and implications will still be awesome, and even if it's well-accepted on the net... the majority of his readers don't nerd out on the internet and are probably unaware of the theory, or maybe they think everything's a bit fishy but haven't put their finger on it etc.

So no changes were made.

(I'm probably adding some of my own thoughts in there but that was the jist of it...)