Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm All Ears

Default A Game of Thrones

We had a good discussion going on on the venting thread but it died out. So now that I am caught up with the series, I wanted to revive it.

I thought the scene was done pretty well though not as gorey as I'd imagined. I was all tensed up the whole episode.

I'm not sure how to start the thread though since some of us are further than the others as far as book reading goes. I'm really really interested in what is going to happen this last season 3 episode. (spoiler) Lady Stoneheart reveal?

Someone else would probably be better at getting a discussion going but wow, I am still reeling from the episode. I bet it was a lot worse for the people that had no idea that was coming.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
PSD Partner

I have never read the books but the tv series is our favorite and this weeks episode was a huge shock to Doug and I. As we watched we expected that it was going to turn bad and that someone would get hurt or die but we never expected at all how far it went. At the end we were both staring at the screen with our mouths open in shock. Can't wait to see tomorrows episode.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

[Spoilers]

I honestly thought that it was way over dramatized for screen and super corny. Irritated me a lot.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-08-2013, 12:28 PM
PSD Partner

I think the hardest part for me to watch is what they did to his wife. I just about threw up when I saw that. I was not expecting that at all or for it to be that graphic. Sorry I know I am a wimp
Old 06-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

I've never read the books but I have friends who have and mentioned this and that and then I have to go online and spoil it for myself. I knew what was (and is) coming but I didn't necessarily know it was going to be that episode. So, I wasn't too surprised.

I love the series! I want to read the books but they are so darn long and I'm a slow reader. Maybe someday I'll get around to it. I'm told that the tv series goes right along with the books and there isn't much difference. Anyone else agree?

I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
I'm told that the tv series goes right along with the books and there isn't much difference. Anyone else agree?
No. The TV series leaves out entire characters sometimes and goes in a different order. Not a bad thing, though. They have to do this in order for it to translate better onto screen.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
No. The TV series leaves out entire characters sometimes and goes in a different order. Not a bad thing, though. They have to do this in order for it to translate better onto screen.
Haha, now I'm going to have to ask my friend about it. And see why she said that.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Things change some... Like talisa is not the same character in the show vs the books(Jeyne). But overall I think it's about as faithful as a tv series could be for a book series of that length. Obviously some things need to be edited down.

The biggest difference for me is that they aged most the characters up (like the Stark kids especially).

I didn't think it was very corny in the show but the throat slashing was a little Sweeney Todd-esque.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Big Dog

I love series which i started by reading books one two and three but it took so long to get those books out i lost interest when all the books come out i think i will try again but i do like the tv series but i have only seen season one since i have limited internet access and no

Ashley
Old 06-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I am obsessed. I think they stumbled by not really explaining the whole salt and bread thing. I read all the books long ago, except for the last one it came out recently. I following grrms blog and was highly anticipating this series. With all that said, I am really impressed with HBOs version.
Spoliers below .

Now on to this week coming, it is to much to hope for the purple wedding. And I think they will not reveal LSH either. I am still hoping for arya to head on to braaviossi, and dany will have to start to rule. It is coming soon for jorah to be banished. It is hard to predict where they Going to split the book for the season end.

I really want to see greywind head on rob. Grizzly but the imagery ties into what dany saw in the tomb of the undying.
I wonder if Davis will take off wit gendry or the witch will screw him to death.