Kinddle Talk

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
We placed an order for the Kinddle paperwhite yesterday and I just can't wait for it to arrive.

i used to hear so much about this ebook reader, but honestly, I saw no point from it. I mean, I had/still have the iPad and can do some readings from it. i can install Kinddle app and find free books to read from it too ;) Also, I do enjoy reading from the physical books and my eyes get tired if I read for too long from the iPad. Therefore, I didn't see the need. Up until I read from the boyfriend's Kinddle touch. I realised how cool is the e-ink system in it. I mean, it feels like you are reading from a real book. Doesn't feel like a screen. It isn't a LCD screen anyways so it makes sense. Oh boy, I simpley LOVE it.

We did a little research on the current available kinddles and decided on the paperwhite model as I will purely use it as an ebook device. The cool thing about it is I can also read from it in dim light condition. I am Super excited

anyone with a Kinddle here? Which model and how do you like it?

CaliTerp07

I have a nook simple touch and now have a kindle fire.

I'll be honest, I don't enjoy reading on a tablet (even the e-ink kind) nearly as much as I enjoy holding a book, turning the pages, sneaking peaks ahead, and physically seeing how much of the book I have left. I appreciate the fact that I can download books from my local library without having to fight traffic to go to the physical branch though. And I like all the games on my fire :)

I use the kindle/nook for traveling, so I don't have stash 10 books in my luggage. For day to day reading though, a real book wins every time.

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
I have a Kindle Fire.

I like it, but find myself not using it to read enough and mostly to play games, check FB/Pinterest, play on the web, etc. I do have tons of books on it, though, and I like that I can get so many for free. I also like the Amazon Prime Lending Library.

In retrospect, I should have just gotten the $70 paperwhite if I wanted it solely to read.

SoCrafty

I was against e-readers for a very long time. I loved the feel of a book in my hands. However, when I started reading about them, I got to know about them and liked what I read. My family pre-ordered the Paperwhite for me for my birthday last year. It is awesome. I love that I can look up new authors and get new books within just a few seconds.

The Paperwhite is not a tablet. It doesn't do all the fancy schmancy things a tablet can - but for an e-reader I love it. I can go outside and still see the text, I can make the font bigger or smaller, change the font etc.

I think you will love it! I got a Vera Bradley Kindle cover and that's what makes it feel more like a regular book.

I also have the plain kindle. I like it just fine.

I used to read a TON when I was younger and then college ruined it for me. I just finished my last set of classes to graduate and have since picked up my kindle a little bit. I love it so far.

I want to get a cover for it because it's very thin, so my hands kind of get uncomfortable/crampy after a while.

I'm actually glad I don't have the Fire or a Tablet because then I'd probably surf the web or play games instead of reading. :)

LindaJD

I have the Kindle Fire and I just love it. I put off getting one because I too like the feel of a book in my hand. I got a leather cover for it that puts it to sleep when I close it and that made all the difference in the world, I feel like I am holding a regular book. I love the tons of free books from Amazon too. My daughter has the nook and now wishes she bought the Kindle instead.

Red.Apricot

I have the older, regular kindle, and I love it. I use it all the time. I keep all of my PDFs on it for work/school, it's great for traveling, so I can take five or six new books with me plus a bunch of old ones, without taking hardly any space. It's great to be able to get all the old classic books for free; that encourages me to read them, which I think is making me a more rounded person.

I still read 'real' books; there's nothing stopping me from doing so. ;]

But I do love my kindle, too. :]

I have a paperwhite and iPads I prefer reading in the kindle its much easier on the eyes and lasts way longer on a charge. For traveling I love it! I honestly choose it over real books now.

Members online

No members online now.