Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Default Very shocked... I mean logically I knew this stuff was out there...

I am so shocked at this site, and the things said.... I stumbled on it when googling a trivia question answer about IQ....

****** WARNING! Very racist nasty site*******

I mean I knew people still felt this way, but so many? So venomously? So open in a public forum about it?

I've just lost a ton of faith in humanity....

:-(

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t969261-3/
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

UGH.
I felt tainted just by looking at that site. The sad thing is I'm not surprised. I see enough horrid comments on Facebook and other parts on the internet to know there are more racists than I'd like to believe. But it never stops making me sick.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Top Dog

I'm not even going to waste my time reading it, but yes...racism is more rampant than one might think. Social media has brought that to light even moreso. New York is one of the most diverse, liberal cities in the world, and we recently had subway ads put up promoting anti-muslim groups and bashing muslims.

We just had a thread recently about how many segregated proms still happen - and the uproar it causes when the students finally step up and change that.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 06-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

I'm just, stunned.... I just can't believe the hate in there..... I just, I don't know, thought things were past that level of cruelty
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

You should see the forum for men who hate women and see them as nothing but objects of sexual satisfaction. They are equally sickening and make me cry! Luckily these people are not normal and, no matter how many it seems like there are on those sites, they ARE the exception. Not the rule. Most people are good and not so rotten with hate.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Everyone has some level of racism (in some form) in them whether they want to admit it or not, though probably (at least I hope) not to this extreme. I have never hated another person to that degree solely based on color/race/ ethnicity.

I didn't even go to that site, I have seen things like that on FB, luckily I have a good friend's list but anyone who posts hatred like that gets unfriended QUICK.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Everyone has some level of racism (in some form) in them whether they want to admit it or not
I don't agree, I can't imagine so many of these things.... That it even happens.... And I honestly 100% do not believe I have a racist bone in my body....
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Though I do agree that that level of prejudice / racism is not the norm (thank god). But I do believe that all living things ... Not just humans exhibit some form of prejudice:

A good number of horses (ESP race horses since they are a tad more sensitive then the average horse xD) are afraid of /will avoid paint & / or light colored horses because its a throwback to when they were wild, those colored horses would draw more attention from predators to the herd.

Izze preferred if possible dogs of her breed to other dogs, it didn't even have snitching to do with play because she would (no kidding) seek out the ACD in the DP & presume to do whatever they were doing, even if that was just milling around.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Everyone has some level of racism (in some form) in them whether they want to admit it or not, though probably (at least I hope) not to this extreme.
I totally disagree

I think everyone probably has some level of prejudice in them but that is something that can be recognized and worked on as well.

rac·ism

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

prej·u·dice
noun

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.
such attitudes considered collectively: The war against prejudice is never-ending.
damage or injury; detriment: a law that operated to the prejudice of the majority.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Puppy Dog

I wish i didn't read that it makes me very sad