Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Default Vow Renewal Ceremonies?

Jon and I will be married five years next year. We promised each other that at five years we would have a wedding OUR way (Wiccan, not Christian, more than six weeks to plan, much more laid back than last time, and not having to pack our bags for deployment three weeks after the fact!)

Those of you who have done a vow renewal ceremony, how did you go about planning it? What's a normal budget for something like that? How long did you give yourself to plan it? How many people do you normally invite.

We're planning a handfasting this time, and for the reception to be a murder mystery party (HOPEFULLY at the Stanley Hotel if they'll accommodate that!!!). Did you have bridesmaids and groomsmen? What do you wear???

We're really doing this because our first ceremony was slap dash and thrown together quickly, and because we want to (obviously). So, tell me about yours, and those of you who had a handfasting (weather as your first ceremony or as a renewal ceremony) how did it go? Would you do anything differently?

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

The only people I know who did a vow renewal are my husband's grandparents. When they celebrated their 50th they did a whole second wedding. No attendants, just a simple ceremony at their church. She wore a knee length dress from a department store, he wore a suit he had. Pop Pop sang a song for Grammy Everyone cried.

Afterwards there was a catered reception at their house for friends and family. There were probably 100 people at the event--all the people who they've significantly touched over the years.

If I had to estimate, I'd guess they spent a thousand dollars (maybe two thousand) on food and flowers. No cost for venues since they used their church and home.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

We'll be doing something for our ten year anniversary, probably. Vegas, baby! I want the cheesy Elvis chapel (and I've never really been to Vegas, so that would be fun).
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
We'll be doing something for our ten year anniversary, probably. Vegas, baby! I want the cheesy Elvis chapel (and I've never really been to Vegas, so that would be fun).
Same... Although not vegas lol

We are wanting to do something for our tenth. We never really had a wedding since we eloped in shorts and flip flops lol. We will likely have a nice service at our church with family and friends. I don't know about a reception as we are saving up all the money for a disney cruise and a week long stay at Disney world

Wish I had some advice but planning these things is NOT my forte... Hence eloping lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Top Dog

We're doing a renewal for our 25th, torn between riding somewhere or doing a "destination" renewal with close friends but its a few years away so we've got time to plan