Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Pretty much there I think? Any ideas for making these better? (I totally lost my balance a few times here with the leg overs, but I could be going higher with those for sure). Stoked about the back overs! He's pretty springy for a big dude!

He looks good! The only thing I would say is think about working up against a pole/wall to start training him to jump straight, less angled, ya know?

Otherwise, he looks fantastic!
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Here's Payton, Georgie, then Auggie who fails at the whole "stall" part of this game LOL. But he's adorable and I don't really care. Seriously for like ten minutes he jumped back and forth over me and I laughed the entire time. Also he totally whacked me in the head with his paw. And I still laughed.

Including a blooper at the beginning because we were trying to get the shot set up and neither of us realized my mom was cuing Payton to spin and he was totally doing it...

(yes I know my form is rubbish, these do not count as real push ups.)

Both P and Georgie are doing pretty good with me moving under them considering we just started this trick, but mostly just getting them more comfy with me moving while they're standing rather than a sit. Payton is trickier because his weight is distributed along my entire back... my butt was up way higher than it should be for a push up because I was trying to keep him from sliding down along my back. We'll have to keep working on it so he learns to distribute his weight forward a bit and NOT slide off. Georgie is easier because she's small so fits pretty close to my shoulders and that's about it. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I wish I had videos but...

(The neighbor walking by was so confused lol)

Now to get her comfortable going on his command, this all took some luring from me as well.

Also, OMG this is harder than I expected. It takes a lot of trust from the dog and core strength/balance. Sloan was exhausted after just a few and once wobbled and fell on her side.

Backup was very uncomfortable using his back end but he was easier for me to lure alone. Of course he also was awkward and it looks more like a piggyback ride than a back stall. lol

Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Twin 2

That's awesome!! Backup never fails to make me laugh and piggy back is an awesome trick in of itself.

And yeah, teaching stalls are exhausting for everyone I think. I've worked on the foot stall on and off all day with Traveler and Didgie and I think they are as tired as I am. I need to get the balance ball out and work on more core strength I think.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
OMG hahahaha. Despite the thumbs up Denis looks kind of in pain in this one... XD

I agree that it is a lot harder than expected!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
That's awesome!! Backup never fails to make me laugh and piggy back is an awesome trick in of itself.

And yeah, teaching stalls are exhausting for everyone I think. I've worked on the foot stall on and off all day with Traveler and Didgie and I think they are as tired as I am. I need to get the balance ball out and work on more core strength I think.
Yeah, I don't do nearly as much core training as I should, I find it mostly boring but this shows me it's important. I tend to think of Sloan as very in shape but this took enough of a toll I guess we have some work.

As for us humans Denis got his head slammed a few times and I told him I'd show him your blooper videos when we came inside. LOL When Backup was really too hard to get his rear moving we took a break and decided to try with Arnold, after all he is about the same size and pretty agile for a brick house. Bad idea, he has talons for nails anymore and I now have several huge gashes on my back/hip area.

This was once again a ton of fun, thanks Sara! We're still worked on a vault with Backup but I think it will be a long time coming before it really clicks. He's so long that he tends to go through the motions with the front but just drags his rear so if anyone has tips I'd love them.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Finkie Mom-I like that you say your back is out of whack so you have her do a back stall Cracked me up! She looks great, so adorable
That's what my DH said hahaha. Something about having to lift my legs like that to get my feet flat for a foot stall was really hurting! She's light enough where she's not going to hurt my back because of weight on a back stall

I just have to work on height!

LOVE BACKUP OMG.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 05-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Worked with Cricket on the rebound today. Don't have video because didn't have anyone to film and didn't have my tripod with me to set up a camera. We are still at the step with me sitting in a chair and her jumping onto my lap and off. Should I only reward when she jumps off my lap? I've been rewarding her the second she is on my lap and then again as soon as she is off my lap, but I'm wondering if I should only be rewarding her when she jumps off?

I think I may try the back stall with Joey.

Also I seriously want to teach Cricket to piggy back on my shoulders one of these days......
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Top Dog

So glad everyone is having fun with this!! Now you know why disc is so addicting.

II just got home and have a trial all day tomorrow, but I want to watch all of the videos when I get a chance.

Adrienne, those pictures made me laugh. You guys rocked it! And yes, it does take a ton of core strength, which is why I always push exercise ball work. Nothing better!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 05-26-2013, 12:13 PM
such sights to show you

I decided to try this:

He kept wanting to lie down and say hi. I might recruit my husband to help me although he won't want to be in any videos.

Also, since the report card that came home with Maisy the last time she boarded anywhere said MAISY LOVES TO JUMP I decided to try this... and I learned that luring a dog into a back stall is very, very difficult by yourself.

Again, I may try to recruit my husband to help.