Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

I'll share pictures once I'm sure she won't mind, I haven't ruled this guy out yet, they are not looking for a fee, but he's oversize and would have to fly cargo, as checked luggage which is no more expensive but I would think alot more stressful...

I've decided to really try and find an adult rehome, or rescue as I'm not truly enjoying the puppy stage with Larry... I forgot how much work it was!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Ho ho ho off.

No...

And if you don't mind me saying, are you sure you want the dog just NOW?

I know things have been horrible for you and there is a massive void there. And I know that I won't understand how that feels....

But you've just got the two puppies, don't you think it might be an idea to get them on the right track first, then add another?

I'm not saying its a bad idea, just are you 100% sure you want this dog, are you filling a hole in your heart?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I could understand wanting like $50 for that size crate, but why should she be getting money back for food and rabies? Those are expenses you take on when you get a dog. That's like "oh, I changed my mind, I don't want this dog, here, pay me for what I've spent on it!"

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I could understand wanting like $50 for that size crate, but why should she be getting money back for food and rabies? Those are expenses you take on when you get a dog. That's like "oh, I changed my mind, I don't want this dog, here, pay me for what I've spent on it!"
That's a really good point. I guess I always thought of it as "I would have to pay this anyway..." (or more)
Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
No...

And if you don't mind me saying, are you sure you want the dog just NOW?

I know things have been horrible for you and there is a massive void there. And I know that I won't understand how that feels....

But you've just got the two puppies, don't you think it might be an idea to get them on the right track first, then add another?

I'm not saying its a bad idea, just are you 100% sure you want this dog, are you filling a hole in your heart?
We actually only have one puppy, we decided to let the people we were staying with keep Sophie, they fell in love with her and the pups were bonding so tightly to each other that they were not too interested in people... We made sure her breeder was ok with that first...

It's just so quiet here with one little pup, I may be trying to fill a hole, that's true, but I really miss having some bustle around the house...

I don't know what to do to be honest, but I may be flying home more often and was terribly lonely there without a pet
Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Yes , I would pay a rehome fee , you would pay an adoption/purchase fee right?
Especially for a vetted , trained dog with crate and things.

As to just trying to fill a void , so what ? It is not like you have 57 dogs and want one more because you stubbed ya toe, You have one dog that is more your hubbies , I see nothing wrong with getting your own dog.

HUGS
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Yup, this is how I've always though of it.

Money exchanging cannot replace, nor ime better guarantee, getting to know the new home.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
I don't really care "why" they want money back for food or rabies. If I really wanted a particular dog and it was within my personal financial limitations, I'm going to pay it and get the dog I want instead of being righteous and dogless.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Yes , I would pay a rehome fee , you would pay an adoption/purchase fee right?
Especially for a vetted , trained dog with crate and things.
Rescues and rehomes are not the same thing.

Rescues don't get dogs and then try to sell them when things don't work out. It's not the same IMO, to each their own but I would not purchase a pet because it didn't work out because frankly these are things that we shouldn't be recouping costs on.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Rescues and rehomes are not the same thing.

Rescues don't get dogs and then try to sell them when things don't work out. It's not the same IMO, to each their own but I would not purchase a pet because it didn't work out because frankly these are things that we shouldn't be recouping costs on.
This. So much this.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13