Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Agility freak!

Default For those who work out

Be it running, walking, weight lifting, or anything else I am forgetting, I am curious, what do you wear while working out?

I have recently started going to the gym with the boy and I will be going a lot and being a lot more active once we are moved into town and I currently have one pair of yoga style pants... so I am curious, what do you wear, where do you buy it?

I am looking for cheaper stuff. The gym we attend has some good stuff, really nice, but expensive, of course. I am not opposed to buying online, either.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Slave to the Aussie

Forever 21 cheap yoga pants, roll top shorts or the cut off leggings.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Costco yoga pants or shorts.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

Yeah, cheap yoga pants here as well, and sweat pant type shorts. Wet Seal always has them for 5 or $20 or deals like that. I don't get any thing fancy to sweat in.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Top Dog

I have several pairs of "workable" pants I've acquired at various places over the years, most from Walmart/Kmart/Thrift shop. They're not ideal, but they work, and are better than what I've been able to find lately while looking. Jogging pants will not cut it, they get too hot (good for outside activities when it's cold, but that's about it). Then just a big loose t-shirt. And a sports bra, of course I had to get one of the most supportive ones because my boobs hurt after using the elliptical the first few times Oh, and my VFFs, of course! I only have KSOs, so I wear those. I bring flip flops for post-shower, because putting VFFs on when your feet are wet is impossible.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Crazy Dog!

Running shorts (I buy at target when they're on sale), they don't ride up. I cannot wear pants. ever. I sweat too much and pants make me feel like I'm overheating.

Sports bra.. any ol' type. Usually Target brand. I'm small chested, so nothing major needed there.

Goodwill t-shirts. I like buying ones with designs or logos over the boob area. TMI, but that area can get quite perky while running or lifting, so I buy tshirts that don't bring attention to that fact.

Also, again, I sweat a lot, so after a while the smell will not wash out of my shirts, so I can't justify buying fancy workout clothes if I have to throw them out when they get stinky.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Kung Pow Fish

I bike to and from work 5 days a week, 4 miles each way, and I just wear jeans and a wifebeater with a light hoodie over it. i ought to get something cooler/breathes better but... meh.
To change the world
To reach the farthest star
If we should stay silent
If fear should win our hearts
Our light will have long diminished
Before it reaches the farthest star"

-Ronan Harris, NVN Nation
Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Sport Model Pug

I wear lululemon crops. They're pricier but I love them and nothing else has been able to match their quality. I do have a pair of Costco yoga pants but I only wear them for agility as they have no gusset and ride up when doing stretchy things.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Little dog, big voice

I have a pair of lululemon shorts and I usually just wear old t-shirts. Usually most girls/women here at the gym wear something similar unless they're very into body building or something, which doesn't happen too often. Typically the adults wear yoga pants/capris.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

I like tight, spandex type knickers that come down to my knees if I'm in the gym. They don't move around and don't ride up. I'm not sure what they're really called. Maybe running tights? I own several of various brands. Then I usually just wear a loose t-shirt or tank top.

If I'm out hiking or walking I usually wear basketball shorts. Breathable, have pockets, and don't ride up my butt.