Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

Gage, a good 5km walk does him in, Bristol can make the 5km walk, but in reality a walk around the block and shes good, or a walk down the deck to pee, shes a Shih Tzu, LOL.

Diesel, well Diesel the only time i have ever seen him truly tired and wanting to sleep is after mental activities so we concentrate his time on that more then physical activity. Physically he can go, and go, and go, and then go some more. I have taken him for 5km walks then had him run in the park for a good 45min to and hour, only to have him come in and run and play with the cat like he hasnt moved all day. An hour learning some new agility equipment and he will sleep all night and ignore the cat.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I'll let you know if I ever find out.

I know my dogs can begin to heat stroke after a bit and last weekend they were pretty easy going after Schutzhund (tracking, obed, Bitework) and dock dogs from 9-3 but they still had enough to go if I asked. They are bred to go all day though. You can tire them mentally and physically but give them ten minutes and they'll give you three more hours.
^that is pretty much Ivan. I swear he has no sense of when to stop. Now in the winter its a different story. As in he doesn't do much of anything, cause according to him he.doesn't.do.cold!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

I really don't know. They're all pretty tired after a 2 or 3 hour off leash walk, but I doubt any of them actually need quite that long to truly be tired. I'd say about an hour and a half of non-stop action (running, playing, walking, swimming, sniffing) does it for all of my guys, though.

The Dobermans are the hardest to wear out. Usually the above is plenty, but some days we can do all of that and they come home, nap an hour, and are ready to go again.

The other two are pretty beat after the above. They nap hard off and on for most of the rest of the day and are quite content just to hang out and not do much.

But they all settle well with or without a lot of exercise.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

The only time I've ever seen Auggie truly tired was after two days of agility and one day of herding out in the hot summer heat.

Payton... no clue, never been there before.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM
orange iguanas.

I guess I don't really know because I don't do much to really run Juno ragged.

It is weather dependent, on hot days we can just go for a short walk around the block and she'll come home and just crash for a while.

I would guess it'd probably take a few hours of some sort of running in order to really just exhaust her.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

Eight hours of swimming and playing chase/tug/fetch with ten screaming children.

And it's only happened once.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I don't know that I've ever seen Siri truly tired. But she's also a 6 month old JRT

With Frodo, mental does him in faster than physical. So any kind of going to a persons house or around a crowd of people (like walking him in a busy area where we see other dogs/people) and he is OUT...for like 2 days. LOL

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 AM
The Littlest Hound

Daisy walked all over redondo beach today (it was like 1.4 miles from where we parked to where we ate...) and she seems pretty tired - but she's a 13 year old basset with a bad back...

Liz, the world may never know because she hates exercise & pretends she is exhausted at all times.

I have seen Rage truly pooped twice - once, after 3 days of show/water race/field trial/nite hunts in August in Ohio (between 80-100 degrees at all times) and once after a run in 96 degrees. Otherwise she just. doesn't. quit.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Top Dog

Nia is really bad in the heat. If it's even remotely summery or hot, she gets tired after 30 min. Or at least she gets too hot and doesn't want to keep running around. If it's cool, she'll go a few hours. Her hot is like 70F though... So she gets hot verrrry easily.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Bored Now.

Two hours of running. . . and no, I don't mean off and on running, I mean TWO STRAIGHT HOURS of barreling around at top speed only skidding to a stop for the occasional treat did not tire him out. He chilled in the house but could have kept going. He then proceeded to play tug for 20-30 minutes with another dog and human.

Mental stimulation was really the best. Driving across the country in a moving van was a huge thing for him. He actually did get tired. Not pooped out, but slowing down to a walk.