Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-17-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Summer Update

So got to see her regular vet and he's more familiar with her/what she does. Anyways, long story short, Summer was perfectly normal today. Last night she was being totally goofy for the first time since last saturday and today she ate like normal and was being incredibly happy and hyper at the vet. Of course. I had figured that would happen.

He says there is a slight chance it's a disc injury but since she's improved so much so quickly he thinks it was a soft issue injury. The not eating was probably because of the muscle relaxers.

1 more round of anti-inflammatories and rest then one more week of rest and then start her back up to full activity level slowly. About 1/4th- 1/2 of the amount of training we were doing and see how that goes. I think the other vet we saw probably meant after 'rest her a week' that she could walk on a leash like most normal dogs around here. My vet is a lot more aware of how active Summer's lifestyle tends to be.

So I'm feeling better. We're allowed to do moderate leashed walks now but I'm not supposed to turn her loose. I'm going to have to take Mia by herself to let that girl RUN. she's driving me batty but I feel bad not taking Summer too.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Aware

Aww, I'm glad she's feeling better!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

When Ma'ii's nail broke, I left him home while I took Charlotte out to run, and it tore me apart with guilt every time!

Another possibility is maybe she's coming down with the beginnings of arthritis, something else that's very slowly creeping up on my dogs as well, though they experience it more in the winter. I'm glad Summer is feeling better!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb