Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM
swimming upstream

oh man--Bayley and Pepperpot! Too cute! Glad Pepper is doing better!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

They are a team.
Victor in the meantime has found that Aiden might be wonderful too. They played bubbles off and on all day. Not every little boy has a bubble eating pal.

since I can't walk Victor because Pepper can't go, I was glad to see him run and jump as well as make Aiden laugh.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default crap

I was with her all night...the splint was on but loose, It would slide a little to the side, and I would readjust. This morning I got up to wake Hyia, came back and found her licking her foot. It's 5 am...I swear I look at it and think why is your other foot got a sore...then i realize..oh God. There is the splint, and it's not on the dog. SHe didnt' chew it, it slipped off. I don't know if she walked on it or not. The wound itself looks good, but its the tendon is why she isn't suppose to walk on it. I don't know if she stood up or not. I don't have tape..I don't have a anything.....so I improvised and now we wait for the office to open..so I can call and get my appt instead of showing up when they open..and I guess have my son bring the babies to me there. IN the meantime, I did the best I could to keep it on. Big fat heavy sighs. Please please don't let this mess her up. Please Please don't let her end up with a perm limp. We won't even discuss the end of my gasoline, or my money in having it re wrapped. This is all I could think to do with what I have. Pot holder loops and a sock I cut the end off of. SHe stood up and it stayed in place. so at least for now it might be ok for a couple hours.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Love my pets

Sending healing vibes that it's okay. On the one hand, it's good to know the swelling has gone down to make the bandage too big.

Aww.....I just love the pics of Aiden with Vic and the ones of Baylee with Pepper.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I didn't know how the dogs were going to take instant babies, especially Victor. So I am relieved to know everyone is gaining from the experience. Come summer, they will be her half the time they are now, which will be far better for me because I am fraying. We just have to make it until school is out.

I am weary of worry. It makes my head hurt.

She didn't chew out the stitches, and the tendon the vet said is ok. I don't think she even stood up, so telling myself to breathe. I am awful weary of being worried. Now they are going to take the stitches out next week.

Pepper says she is tired of this stuff too. She was tail wagging at the vets tho, so i am glad she is happy about going.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 05-17-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

WE cant win for losing. The tape at the top pulled her hair out, and the corner of the splint is digging into her leg. I took the ear off of a stuffy, and cut that in two, and worked it in where that edge is digging her, shifted the tape. This is the most depressed dog this afternoon. It's going to be a very long weekend. Maybe we will get it adjusted until she is not waving it around in the air and stress panting. Soon as that padding was in, she stopped waving it around and refusing to walk. I feel like banging my head agaisnt the wall. AT least she didnt' chew out her stitches.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

We've gone rouge. I got up this morning, and the splint was half way down her leg. So before anyone goes out to potty, a trip to the store, tape, wrap, carry dog home with splint that I can't push back up, hanging, and with a slit one side and a slit the other side, I managed to get it back where it is suppose to be, add padding from a baby stuffy, that soft micro stuff, on the edge that is gouging her, and I think at least for today, we are back in business. It is going to be a very long 5 weeks.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Love my pets

Hugs for you and Pepper. Pepper reminds me of when CJ had her acl surgery and was in a cast. She knows how much you love her.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:53 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

We must have got it right, no waving it around in the air, no hair pulling tape. And best of all, not half on and half off this morning. I do love her dearly and will be very glad when she is all back to normal. Thanks Barb.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM
swimming upstream

oh my gosh smkie! What a rollercoaster ride with this--and five weeks--oh I sure hope the rest of the time goes smoother!

I love those pictures of Vic and the bubbles--your grandkids look so happy.