Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Default Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Chaz Moms today!

What is everyone doing to celebrate?!? What is everybody doing with/getting their moms?

My mom doesn't like to go out to eat or anything on Mother's Day, so as soon as she's done "getting ready" (and I'm not even harassing her about taking FOREVER, lol) we're going to pick out some flowers for the garden.

I got her the new Steve Martin and Edie Brickell CD. She wants to cook dinner, but I guess I'll help? And try not to get annoyed when she tells me that I'm doing everything wrong

We went out to dinner on Friday and had a little Mother's Day toast, even though it was kind of early. And yesterday my baby's dad brought me and my mom both some chocolate and all the rest of the last-minute things we needed for the baby (sun shade for the car, waterproof mattress cover, socks, hat, mobile, etc.) so I don't have to go buy them. Everyone keeps wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and it's so cute, I love Mother's Day already!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Resident fainting goat

Tickets to here/there were VERY VERY expensive for this weekend so we aren't doing anything.
I am hosting my cousin this weekend who lost her mother so it's probably easiest

My mom is coming to visit next weekend and we are going to go to IHOP (long story but basically when I was a kid she forgot us at an ihop so now we go there for mother's day as kind of an inside joke LOL) and to the spa for massages and mani/pedis and to the movies!

We are also going to see a drag show! Which should be A LOT of fun!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

It's just the kiddo and I this weekend. He's 2 and not the most patient (and he doesn't eat) so no eating out. I think we might check out the art show at the park, just to get out of the house.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:33 PM
The Littlest Hound

I could kiss you for reminding me. *scurries off to call mom*

Seriously, I've been so excited to go get Chris at the airport I forgot :X

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I got to stay in bed until 11:30, woke up to Munchkin and dog kisses, breakfast in bed, starbucks coffee, the sweetest mother's day card EVER, and a new griddle!!!!!!! I'm gonna spend the rest of the day snuggling, reading and watching Grey's Anatomy (recently discovered it was on netflix and fell in love with it!!!)

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

It was a lovely weekend.

I pretty much didn't have to lift a finger all weekend lol. SAturday we lounged around the house for HOURS in the morning/afternoon. Like literally just sat on the couch and watched tv or played games. Hannah didn't sleep well the previous night so she was content to just laze around all day, too and it was a dark and rainy day so that just made it that much better to relax. We get so few days where we can just veg out lol. This was very welcome.

Then we went out for dinner with two couples from our church. We have a new Red Robin here so that's where we went for dinner and we had a geat time. I had a bruschetta chicken sandwich and those big yummy steak fries and then my dear friend HAD to order this chocolate ice cream cake thing with oreo cookie and caramel crust. Oh my gosh this thing was gigantic and she was like YOU HAVE TO HELP ME EAT THIS!!!! I am weak... so I helped lol. Seriously this thing was HUGE. We couldn't finish it all

Came home and our power was out (car accident) so we went outside and started up a campfire and sat around that until about 10:30 (our power came back on at 8:30)

Sunday we had church and I'm on the worship team and we FINALLY had worship time. We haven't led worship in weeks (due to some life issues with members on our team that are hopefully fully resolved). It was the loudest, most power worship time I think we've ever had in our tiny little church. Goosebumps

Then we went out for lunch at a place called Symposium where I had Portobello mushroom soup with tarragon and gorgonzola... SO GOOD. My main course was a seafood pasta. Shrimp, crab and scallops with mushrooms served over capallini (sp?) noodles with a gorgonzola cream sauce. delicious.

Then we went home and I went into food coma mode lol. I laid down on the couch and slept for almost two hours LOL and then I didn't lift a finger the rest of the evening.

I set myself WAAAAAY back in my fitness journey I'm sure but... I'll just work hard and make it up lol. I joined a second fitness challenge (a 15 day challenge) that starts Wednesday so hopefully that will give me a jump start lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

My mom and sister came over for a few hours last night. I made venison spaghetti and had some fresh strawberries. Got her a hanging basket and a card.. then we worked on a puzzle.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

Then we went out for lunch at a place called Symposium where I had Portobello mushroom soup with tarragon and gorgonzola... SO GOOD. My main course was a seafood pasta. Shrimp, crab and scallops with mushrooms served over capallini (sp?) noodles with a gorgonzola cream sauce. delicious.
lol
I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!

Just saying. One of the places I miss from the east coast... hehe.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

I found out on Mother's Day that I'm going to be an Aunt!! She's very early & hesitant to tell anyone but omg I'M SO EXCITED. More excited than I ever thought I'd be...another bonus, my mom will stop bugging me for grandchildren I'll never have! But really, I'm excited for my first niece/nephew and will spoil him/her ROTTEN!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!

Just saying. One of the places I miss from the east coast... hehe.
I had not been there since I was pregnant with Hannah. I just never think of it so when I was trying to think of where I wanted to go for my mothers day lunch I was kind of stumped. I wanted to go somewhere that we didn't always go and Brian suggested Symposium Glad he did lol it was delicious

Oh I forgot to post my gift that I got for Mothers day

Brian bought Hannah and I matching T shirts with my favorite team logo on it and our names and numbers on the back

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney