Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
I usually use Cloudstar's Buddy Wash and Buddy Rinse. I think I got it from Jeffers, but can't remember. Unfortunately, nobody around here carries it. Lately, tho, I've been using Hypo Plus (from Groomer's Edge), followed by Buddy Rinse. The manager at Cherrybrook recommended it to me last year when Caleb was really itchy.
I use Buddy Wash's doggy perfume in lavender. All the dogs smell amazing. I found Buddy Wash shampoo to be too drying for Middie's coat, and the conditioner was more drying than some shampoos I've used. Loved the smell though.

I currently use the furminator shampoo. It's like $10 a bottle. I bathe him every 2-4 weeks and have gone through most of my bottles of shampoo and conditioner in 6 months. I love how he smells after - it keeps the nasty dog odor contained for about 3 weeks and gets rid of tons of undercoat.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Groomers Edge: desert almond
Totally forgot about Desert Almond. LOVE Desert Almond.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
...For the buddy wash, is that just for itchy skin? He's not really so itchy, I actually try not to wash too often bc I fear drying him out...
No. I bought it because Mick had sensitive skin, and most shampoos dried his skin out and made him extrememly itchy. I use the lavendar & mint. Others have already mentioned how great it smells.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 AM
love herds

Right now I have Pet Head 'Brightening Shampoo' I picked it up for a third of the cost and I really like it. It does the best job of keeping Radar looking white which is a constant battle and it does a great job of brightening up Desoto's blue coat. It smells nice to.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

I just buy whatever I think smells good haha.

Right now I have:

Buddy Wash (which I don't like. It smells good after, but it seems to dry my guys out, even diluted.)

Earth Bath Hypoallergenic (boring, cause it's unscented, but the Dobes do best with unscented. I use this on the parts that I don't use vet shampoo.)

Bark 2 Basics (a coconut smelling one, reminds me of summer. Works well and is lasting forever because it's so heavily diluted.)

A random assortment of vet shampoos. I think three different ones. I can't remember the brands, but only the Dobermans use these on their backs and bellies because of a skin issue.

I'm tired of my shampoos though. I bought like a gallon of the Bark 2 Basics and I'm only like a 1/4 of the way through after having it for two years LOL. I thought I'd go through it quickly, but then discovered the Dobes don't do scented shampoos well, and I dilute it so much that it's going to last forever and ever. It's a nice shampoo, but I want a new smelling one!

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 05-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Earth Bath here. My favourite is the Mango Tango, or the Puppy shampoo. OMG the puppy shampoo smells like candy.

Normally I have to order Earth Bath online - they don't carry the Mango Tango at the Petco a few towns over anymore. But I just found a bunch of Earth Bath at TJ Maxx last weekend and... bought it all. Including a couple of refreshing sprays and waterless shampoos. Whoo!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Earth Bath here. My favourite is the Mango Tango, or the Puppy shampoo. OMG the puppy shampoo smells like candy.

Normally I have to order Earth Bath online - they don't carry the Mango Tango at the Petco a few towns over anymore. But I just found a bunch of Earth Bath at TJ Maxx last weekend and... bought it all. Including a couple of refreshing sprays and waterless shampoos. Whoo!
I looooove mango tango. I think I still have half a bottle of it kicking around.

I love the smells of the nootie shampoos and sprays, so yummy. I have to resist buying shampoo though as I have several bottles of stuff on the go and izzie doesn't get washed often.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

I had awesome luck with Chris Christenson Everyday shampoo. Classic would always get awful dandruff after a bath and so it would always make him look awful if I bathed him right before a show. Switched to the Everyday shampoo, and no more dandruff!

The current dogs don't need it though and now that we ran out of this last bottle I had, we went for more fun stuff. Nootie Sweet Pea & Vanilla. NUM. We have this in the spray but I'm so happy to have it as a shampoo too. Makes their coats so soft and the scent lingers. <3

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Allons-y!

I've been using Coat Handler - we also have a bottle of Buddy Wash, which I don't like quite as much. I think I want to try out some Nature's Specialties products next.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm All Ears

I use buddy wash or earth bath usually. Right now we have pet head. Not sure why but that's what I got this go around. I don't notice a difference.