Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
So you want her to not post anymore, so you attack her, but this strategy is clearly not working, so why keep doing it? Speaking of mental health, isn't doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results supposed to be the definition of insanity? This thread did not take this turn simply because DD stated her opinion. It took this turn because people kept arguing with her, taking jabs, dragging it out, then telling her that she was making the thread "all about her."

As someone who deals with a couple of mental health disorders I find it really unfortunate that you don't see anything wrong with what you said to DD. Didn't you say you were studying to be a teacher? If so, I hope for your sake and your future students you learn some tact between now and then.
I don't care if she posts. I would like her to be more realistic about her opionins and say what she means to say and not post something offensive and ridiculous and then take 5 pages to say what she meant to say.

I hardly see how disliking someone on a forum and being honest about it will make me any less of a teacher. There are several people on this forum I constantly disagree with and do not like. Most of them are unaware of it because I don't feel the need to tell them. And I'm sure it's vice versa.

I'd rather not bring my future career into this, as it really isn't relevant. I posted what I did to make some sort of amends. I didn't do it so you could criticize me. I have said the same things as others but for some reason I'm the 'bad guy'.

Everyone has their faults. One of mine is not being able to deal with drama and BS over an extended period of time. (Apparently) I don't like to baby people or ignore bad behavior. I don't want to go around protecting everyone for the sake of being a protector. That is me.

But, you're entitled to your opinions and right to express them.
__________________

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/


Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:17 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes, it even continued after I stepped out for a while, hoping my absence would allow the thread to get back to the intended topic, as it was not my intention to derail it so far.

I just got all fired up about all the "Just put the dog down" suggestions.
Where did someone say this so cavalierly? I'm starting to believe you genuinely don't know what the use of quotations is for.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
k9krazee's Avatar
k9krazee k9krazee is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,040
Default

OH GAWD.
Train wreck.

And I'm just mad at myself for taking up so much of my Sunday afternoon reading this crap. Lolz
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
I don't care if she posts. I would like her to be more realistic about her opionins and say what she means to say and not post something offensive and ridiculous and then take 5 pages to say what she meant to say.

I hardly see how disliking someone on a forum and being honest about it will make me any less of a teacher. There are several people on this forum I constantly disagree with and do not like. Most of them are unaware of it because I don't feel the need to tell them. And I'm sure it's vice versa.

I'd rather not bring my future career into this, as it really isn't relevant. I posted what I did to make some sort of amends. I didn't do it so you could criticize me. I have said the same things as others but for some reason I'm the 'bad guy'.

Everyone has their faults. One of mine is not being able to deal with drama and BS over an extended period of time. (Apparently) I don't like to baby people or ignore bad behavior. I don't want to go around protecting everyone for the sake of being a protector. That is me.

But, you're entitled to your opinions and right to express them.
I don't blame you for finding what she said to be insensitive and offensive, but dragging her mental health into the picture was wrong. I don't have the kind of mental health issues DD does, but other members on here do, and taking jabs at that is far more insulting. If you had left that out, I wouldn't of cared.
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
I don't blame you for finding what she said to be insensitive and offensive, but dragging her mental health into the picture was wrong. I don't have the kind of mental health issues DD does, but other members on here do, and taking jabs at that is far more insulting. If you had left that out, I wouldn't of cared.
Ah, I see. I more meant that as an example of a blanket statement of the kind she makes, less about HER having dogs with whatever issues she has. I agree with Adrianne that her animals probably feed off her feelings towards children and whatever else, but I don't see that as a reason she shouldn't have dogs.

Like her saying "I don't know why anyone would want kids." and the like. Not "If you have issues you shouldn't have a dog."

And a difference between her issues and other members with 'similar' issues would be that they try to work with their problems and not use them as an excuse to do whatever the hell they want. I don't think it matters what problems you have, that doesn't mean you can be constantly offensive. (And not get flack for it.)
__________________

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/


Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:54 PM
SizzleDog SizzleDog is offline
Lord Cynical
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9,320
Default

This is my opinion - coming from someone who doesn't particularly like kids in general but likes certain kids very much... also as someone who can never/will never have kids and is VERY happy about it. Lastly, this is coming from someone who works in rescue, and 80% of the owner turn-ins are from parents who, for whatever reason, just can't keep their dog anymore now that they have a baby.

I'm not going to speak to this situation as if I'm in your shoes, Amber. But as an outsider as described above, looking in, I'd say if there's an issue... euthanize. Or if you must euth before the baby comes, do so.

I would still be sad for Bamm. I'm sure you would be sad too. I'd still be disappointed to the point of feeling sick that he spent 7 years in a home just to be euthanized because he doesn't fit into your life anymore. I'm sure you would be disappointed too.

But I could forgive it. (Not saying you need anyone's approval or forgiveness, of course. It's your life, you are free to live it as you see fit.)

What I couldn't forgive, however, would be putting Bamm into rescue. He would be a darn hard dog to place... a senior mix with aggression issues is not a rehomable dog in most situations. In a no-kill organization, he'd be alive but he would be filling a spot that could have gone to a dog that would have actually been adoptable. It would mean burdening an already overloaded foster home with the knowledge that they were fostering a dog that would probably die before anyone stepped up to adopt him. As someone who has had a foster dog die in foster care after more than 6 months in my home (and after 12 years in a shelter) without a SINGLE application.... it's heartbreaking. Fostering an unadoptable dog is very depressing, and people who turn in unadoptable dogs to rescue are not people I can really tolerate on any level.

So do what you will, just please don't put him back into the rescue system.
__________________



Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Club Terrible - President
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,700
Default

I definitely agree with Sizzle on the rescue front.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 PM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,523
Default

LOL several people independently disagreeing with someone isn't piling on or bullying. It's just several people independently disagreeing with someone.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
LOL several people independently disagreeing with someone isn't piling on or bullying. It's just several people independently disagreeing with someone.
But dragging her mental health into it and making personal attacks is. That goes beyond disagreeing with an opinion. That is bullying.
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:56 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,115
Default

Absolutely agree with Sizzle on the rescue point. Absolutely do not put him into rescue.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site