Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Victim does it again, read my post, did I say "dump"? Hyperbole much? You live for the dramatics of the exchange.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I'm one of many, including people who have posted in this thread, who have said they don't particularly like kids and would not choose to have them. I've never once felt attacked for that opinion.

As to the main topic - I agree with the majority. Get the full medical work up done; particularly your comments this morning really make it sound like something may be really off with him. I find 'brain tumor' unlikely in my non-vet opinion, just because his behavior has been odd for so long. But maybe there is something going on that can be dealt with.
Eh, I think why you don't see it is because your conversations don't go like this:

Q: "Guys, do you think something could be wrong with my dog?"
A: "I hate kids and think them and their parents should be locked up until they're 18"

I absolutely agree its either like kids are stfu about them. That's not the forum though, that's life.

Not like you can ignore the conversations about kids on a forum or anything... Oh, wait...

ETA: I said brain tumor because, as I read it, it has progressed lately? I may have read it wrong, though
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 963
Default

Well I'm sorry if people felt I was being unnecessarily mean to DD for what I said. I won't take it back because I believe it, but I didn't mean to cause such drama. I just don't deal well with BS. I've just been taught to not sweep things under the rug. If someone is acting inappropriately, you don't just ignore it. You do something about it. (As those of you who are defending DD are doing.) We're all doing the same thing, we just feel differently about it. It's a vicious circle.

And as for DD's faceless person response: Most people in today's world don't think interent people are simply pixels. Several have personal relationships with people they meet online. That's why it's a big deal. You're not some punk ass kid kicking my ass in COD. You're a real person with real problems. And I'm just not great at nicely (at least not repeatedly) dealing with drama or BS.

It's always the same thing and I'll try harder to ignore it. Although I feel like that is the wrong choice, obviously I am out-voted on that aspect. I feel like it's letting an addict have a 'sip' of alcohol or a 'shot' of heroin. But, that's just me, I guess.
__________________

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/


Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 717
Default

I wonder if DD has ever experienced the instinctive pull of the "biological clock" most women get between 25 and 30. I think it's safe to say by her opinions that the answer would be no, and maybe that's why she feels the way she does. People who have zero maternal instincts often come off as cold on the subject.

Just an observation.
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
Charlotte is flattered, lol
Is she still just as flattered if I say Its a WD fanfic?

To answer your question, I am almost 31 (will be in september) & I have never ever felt the "ticking", not even a twinge. I am actually going to start seriously looking into tubal legation, since stupid doctors here wont do it before 30, something about a liability if you change your mind ... something I know I dont do but whatever the law is the law :P. Besides, I always figured there were enough people in the world & the human race was doing just fine without me adding to the mix.

& when they do I will make sure to tell them to "cut it where it won't grow back." LOL.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Is she still just as flattered if I say Its a WD fanfic?
Yes. She has no idea what that is because she's a dog, but yes.
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
Yes. She has no idea what that is because she's a dog, but yes.
I know she doesnt have any idea LOL ... I was just making a joke.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Well I'm sorry if people felt I was being unnecessarily mean to DD for what I said. I won't take it back because I believe it, but I didn't mean to cause such drama. I just don't deal well with BS. I've just been taught to not sweep things under the rug. If someone is acting inappropriately, you don't just ignore it. You do something about it. (As those of you who are defending DD are doing.# We're all doing the same thing, we just feel differently about it. It's a vicious circle.

And as for DD's faceless person response: Most people in today's world don't think interent people are simply pixels. Several have personal relationships with people they meet online. That's why it's a big deal. You're not some punk ass kid kicking my ass in COD. You're a real person with real problems. And I'm just not great at nicely #at least not repeatedly) dealing with drama or BS.

It's always the same thing and I'll try harder to ignore it. Although I feel like that is the wrong choice, obviously I am out-voted on that aspect. I feel like it's letting an addict have a 'sip' of alcohol or a 'shot' of heroin. But, that's just me, I guess.
So you want her to not post anymore, so you attack her, but this strategy is clearly not working, so why keep doing it? Speaking of mental health, isn't doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results supposed to be the definition of insanity? This thread did not take this turn simply because DD stated her opinion. It took this turn because people kept arguing with her, taking jabs, dragging it out, then telling her that she was making the thread "all about her."

As someone who deals with a couple of mental health disorders I find it really unfortunate that you don't see anything wrong with what you said to DD. Didn't you say you were studying to be a teacher? If so, I hope for your sake and your future students you learn some tact between now and then.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,372
Default

Yes, it even continued after I stepped out for a while, hoping my absence would allow the thread to get back to the intended topic, as it was not my intention to derail it so far.

I just got all fired up about all the "Just put the dog down" suggestions.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,567
Default

Well, this has unfortunately been an interesting read.

Amber, I'm replying because I care about you as a person on this forum. We're both of a similar age and planning on having kids around the same period.

To myself and my husband, having children is VERY important. I guess you could say it's the most important "end goal" for us. Babies grow into children, who grow into people. The relationship doesn't end when they're children. They grow up, get married, have their own children, who become your grandchildren. It's such a large relationship, if that makes sense.

Bamm, realistically, is going to live another 10 years at the most. A dog living to be 20 is a lofty goal for a pet owner. In 10 years, you'll be nearing 40 which is pretty old to be looking at starting a family. I mean, obviously having kids at that age is do-able (my mom had my sister when she was 38). I know I personally don't want to start my family at that age- we're looking at 30 which is still "old" for most people.

All of my dogs seem like they'll do okay with kids, so I haven't even had to think about the issues you're having to think about. If so, I wouldn't be putting a dog's life over a child's life. I mean, my dogs are VERY VERY important to me and you all know the things I'd do for them, but I wouldn't delay having children because my dog didn't do well with kids.

Like it's been suggested, I'd rule out any medical issues with Bamm. It seems like his issues go deeper than just with children, so I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable rehoming him. I'd do as much as I could with him to rule out medical issues and to make sure he'd be stable with your children. I know you'll make the best decision for YOU and that's the most important thing.

Hopefully this makes sense- I'm still suffering from jet lag but wanted my opinion on here.
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site