Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Ok, I haven't read the whole thread (I've been on vacation, and was traveling yesterday when I believe it went way out of proportion?) but really, this post is doing exactly what you are "complaining", for lack of a better word, what other people are doing. So I wouldn't be so quick to put yourself up on a pedestal.
No pedestal here, I just don't like bullying, and my observation was a far cry from some of the things others here have said and done. Maybe you should go back and check the whole thread though.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb

Last edited by Shakou; 05-12-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I am always perplexed by such negative posts like "everyone here is dumb and highschool".

So... You enjoy frustration and that's why you're here? Why stay on a forum that you rarely have much to say but "wahwahwah you all suck" on?

In other news, Dizzy, you know as well as anyone you love to jump in and play high and mighty poster, calling people out on their behavior and defending the underdog. Right or wrong, whatever the motives are, you predictably jump in with a similar monologue each time this type of exchange happens. I wouldn't exactly say you're following your own advice of ignore it and it goes away.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I am always perplexed by such negative posts like "everyone here is dumb and highschool".

So... You enjoy frustration and that's why you're here? Why stay on a forum that you rarely have much to say but "wahwahwah you all suck" on?
lol I KNEW someone was going to say this. "Don't like it GTFO". I don't come here all that often in comparison to other forums I'm on, and I keep coming back because there are still people here I like. I shouldn't HAVE to leave perminantly because of the occasional stupidity.

Also I come here because the drama is hilarious. I just think it went to far this time.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:

In other news, Dizzy, you know as well as anyone you love to jump in and play high and mighty poster, calling people out on their behavior and defending the underdog. Right or wrong, whatever the motives are, you predictably jump in with a similar monologue each time this type of exchange happens. I wouldn't exactly say you're following your own advice of ignore it and it goes away.
High and mighty? Pretty sure I'm not the only one, and actually not the first person, to say what has been said, have you addressed them? You certainly like to throw labels around

It's not about being high and mighty. I hate heights and I'm certainly faaaar removed from mighty. It's also not about content, it's about context. People can debate till the cows come home. It's when it comes down to name calling I feel the need to post. I do feel sorry for the underdog, bullying isn't right in any setting. No matter what someone says, unless it directly hurts or will hurt you or someone around you, then there is no need for bullies (whoopsies, I labelled too). If she was threatening to come and steal your dogs and sh!t in your slippers, I'd likely be right there clapping your (general your) comments even if they did question her character and mental state.

And do you have issue with it?? You're the one defending the right to post whatever you like, when you like, no questions asked. I am exerting my right to freedom of speech just as you are (I like this excuse, it's soooo easy to use!!)

I never said anyone should ignore it actually. I was just perplexed why people were confused why she keeps replying. Then calling her dramatic

DRRRRRRRRRRRAMA!!

Carry on.

And Shakou - to answer your question, I think except a couple, most are in their early 20's. I think I was exactly the same when I posted here in my early 20's. Self righteous, obnoxious, know it all Ooops - was that another label?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
High and mighty? Pretty sure I'm not the only one, and actually not the first person, to say what has been said, have you addressed them? You certainly like to throw labels around

It's not about being high and mighty. I hate heights and I'm certainly faaaar removed from mighty. It's also not about content, it's about context. People can debate till the cows come home. It's when it comes down to name calling I feel the need to post. I do feel sorry for the underdog, bullying isn't right in any setting. No matter what someone says, unless it directly hurts or will hurt you or someone around you, then there is no need for bullies (whoopsies, I labelled too). If she was threatening to come and steal your dogs and sh!t in your slippers, I'd likely be right there clapping your (general your) comments even if they did question her character and mental state.

And do you have issue with it?? You're the one defending the right to post whatever you like, when you like, no questions asked. I am exerting my right to freedom of speech just as you are (I like this excuse, it's soooo easy to use!!)

I never said anyone should ignore it actually. I was just perplexed why people were confused why she keeps replying. Then calling her dramatic

DRRRRRRRRRRRAMA!!

Carry on.

And Shakou - to answer your question, I think except a couple, most are in their early 20's. I think I was exactly the same when I posted here in my early 20's. Self righteous, obnoxious, know it all Ooops - was that another label?
For the record, you're one of the few I like ;D

Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Glutton for Crazy

No, I asked why.

I didn't say you should leave. I didn't even insinuate it. I questioned why you would want to stay somewhere which you were unhappy and lacked respect for those around you. I can say without a doubt I have been in disagreements with many, even in this thread, but over all I stick around because these are fun, respectable, intelligent, and invested people. I left two forums when the negative outweighed the positive and it merely intrigues me why people would choose to not leave when they feel the same.

By all means, stay. That wasn't my intention at all.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
No, I asked why.

I didn't say you should leave. I didn't even insinuate it. I questioned why you would want to stay somewhere which you were unhappy and lacked respect for those around you. I can say without a doubt I have been in disagreements with many, even in this thread, but over all I stick around because these are fun, respectable, intelligent, and invested people. I left two forums when the negative outweighed the positive and it merely intrigues me why people would choose to not leave when they feel the same.

By all means, stay. That wasn't my intention at all.
Well, you got your answer then.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I don't think that is a label, it's a pattern. Feel free to continue it as well, pointing it out doesn't mean I have sent a special request to cancel it.

I apologize if you feel singled out, I saw you and shakou, I thought I responded equally but maybe not.

Point is, dogdragoness can post around making attempts of turning everything about herself and her deep seeded issues loathing society and normalcy but to presume people won't call it out and people won't come play devils advocate (whichever role you play) is silly. She posted more than once she likes getting a rouse out of people, the cycle will continue no matter what we do but some of us feel better calling her out from time to time just as I am sure some feel better calling us out.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:

DRRRRRRRRRRRAMA!!

Carry on.

Rereading this I'm not sure you're actually responded to me.

I didn't question anyone's mental stability. I didn't defend any right to post. I'm not confused as to why she posts, nor why people respond, nor why the devils advocates rush to the rebuttal. I'm not in my early twenties and I don't believe I have labeled anything.

Maybe you were responded to someone else so maybe we're all confused.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:

DRRRRRRRRRRRAMA!!

Carry on.

I also like you, Dizzy. even we have disagreed in the past about more then a few things, it never got nasty btw us (or at least I never felt it get that way).

To me there is very much a "like kids/the choice to have kids or else shut up about it if you dont" mentality to the forum here. because it only seems to **** people off when someone expresses their dislike for kids or the act of having them in general. thats how this whole thing started.

I should not have to butter up my opinions to appease others, because its clear that others dont do the same, as I have seen some pretty rude comments & the "go back & read before you post" only seems to come up when someone DISAGREES with something someone posted... whatever the subject is.

On another forum, we had a pretty passionate discussion about to spay/neuter or not to & why people do or dont, but it never got nasty like things often do here. I am not just referencing myself ... I have seen many others become victims of the same kind of attacks but they become popular as soon as their opinion "agrees" with the cliques opinion.