Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 02-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Show Dog

Thanks Sunnygirl! I'm going to get him some innova first thing tomorrow
Old 02-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Felurian

Be sure to check your PMs, Khristine. Mordy said she was going to PM you. Glad you're getting some Innova for your pup - isn't his name Oreo?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Show Dog

Yes his name's Oreo!

I actually read my PM and replyed to Mordy! Thanks Renee a lot! on my way to the store at 10am for some innova! i'm actually excited even though it's raining
Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

i tried Innova for almost a month and I can tell TOki's hair has improven. I used to feed him Nutro ultra and his hair would always be dry. I know Nutro Ultra have pretty good ingredients too but don't know why his hair is always dried out. I don't know why they don't sell Innova at petsmart.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Alright guys, here's my deal... I bought a huge bag of Canidea so all 3 could eat the same (6mo's and 2 6yr olds, approx.) Well they all 3 love it and poops are good and not smelly. But.... they all 3 seem to be licking their paws alot. They've been on it for about a week or longer. I'm also mixing in Merrick can (just a tiny bit since the guys don't have many teeth) it is the buffalo kind and someone mentioned that "buffalo" could be causing the paw licking... Someone jump in there and tell me what to do.. thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:48 PM
user not active

We've been feeding our dog innova for past 6 months or so and he seems much better then before. We used to switch between foods because we couldnt find one right for him.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Felurian

That's a strange one, YorkieL. I don't know why buffalo would make them lick their paws; I'd be more inclined to look at what they've been walking on, but you could get a can or two of something else and see if it stops.

Do their paws look any different, especially the skin between their toes?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Top Dog

How is Canidea? I also bought a bag of that to try it out after Toki is done with Innova.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Show Dog

They didn't have innova at the store i went to, and i still had a whole brand new bag of canidae left.. so i gave it to Oreo..

Oreo is liking it, to tell you the truth i really like it because it makes his poop not smelly but what i've heard is that it's good for the coat as well
Old 02-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Felurian

The Canidae seems to be a pretty good food. Truthfully, I don't think it's in the same category as the Innova, but good if you can't get the Innova. Some people have very good luck with it when they're dogs have allergies. I think Tl_Ashmore started feeding her dogs the Canidae and it's helped the allergies some.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian