Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 02-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
LOL I'd like to see that! Will you eat it with milk? Nice doggy cereal.

I'll have to agree with you, Renee. Innova is a very impressively ethical company. And the crap that is meat these days is one of the reasons I"ve given them up. Blah.
Only with organic whole milk, lol! I wonder if it will stay crunchy, even in milk?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Island dweller

Proabably. You could do a test though.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Show Dog

because i'm a noob.. is this soft food, solid food? can puppies eat it? lol
Old 02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Felurian

They make a canned food, as well as puppy formula. You can visit the company's website at www.naturapet.com to see their products and read about the ingredients.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Show Dog

please don't yell at me people! but .. what should i be looking for in ingredients? i mean i'm not very knowledgable about dogs/dog food.. but it's a good time to start if i want my pup to be strong and healthy right?! .. soo yea!

plus when my puppy was sick he had to be put on iams and eukanuba vet formula .. but he's on purina mighty dog right now.. before he was sick i heard canidae was good so i bought it.. it said puppy.. so i thought he could eat it, but he was to young to eat it, i guess it was too hard for him... will innova give my puppy diarrhea? because purina's mighty dog seems to give him not diarrhea, but very soft stools.. and its sooo smelly!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Active Pup

This is a great site that tells u waht is good in foods and what u should avoid I found it and luv it! here ya go

http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/index.php?page=identify

And hey ppl what is IMO raw?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Felurian

Your vet did you a great disservice by putting your pup on Iams and Eukanuba. A lot of vets sell it - but it's garbage. It's not your fault; you would think vets would be a little concerned about learning something substantive about nutrition other than the information they get from the large manufacturers. The Purina Mighty Dog is pretty bad, but probably not much worse than the Iams/Eukanuba.

Some dogs and puppies need time to adjust to a different food, and your pup will probably need some adjustment time when you switch him to a good food.

The Innova ingredients are a good example of what to look for; if you hold other foods to those standards you won't go wrong.

The two simplest things I tell people to look for is that the ingredients are organic and human grade. Those are always a good place to start.

And don't worry, we're not going to yell at you! Mordy will probably have some more good guidelines for you.

I'm curious, was there anything other than it being hard that led you to think that your pup wasn't old enough for the Canidae?

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGirl
This is a great site that tells u waht is good in foods and what u should avoid I found it and luv it! here ya go

http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/index.php?page=identify

And hey ppl what is IMO raw?
Hey, Sunny, that is a good site; it's our Mordy's site!

'IMO raw' is someone making a statement (In My Opinion) about feeding a raw diet.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Your vet did you a great disservice by putting your pup on Iams and Eukanuba. A lot of vets sell it - but it's garbage. It's not your fault; you would think vets would be a little concerned about learning something substantive about nutrition other than the information they get from the large manufacturers. The Purina Mighty Dog is pretty bad, but probably not much worse than the Iams/Eukanuba.

Some dogs and puppies need time to adjust to a different food, and your pup will probably need some adjustment time when you switch him to a good food.

The Innova ingredients are a good example of what to look for; if you hold other foods to those standards you won't go wrong.

The two simplest things I tell people to look for is that the ingredients are organic and human grade. Those are always a good place to start.

And don't worry, we're not going to yell at you! Mordy will probably have some more good guidelines for you.

I'm curious, was there anything other than it being hard that led you to think that your pup wasn't old enough for the Canidae?
Omg i didn't know i was feeding my pup bad food! well you know since i don't know much about food and what's healthy/good.. i thought the vet would offer something really good, so that's what she said.. and she was the one who said my puppy wasn't old enough for Canidae and also said that i shouldn't give him solid food till he's really big.. but didn't tell me how old he should be...

Well I was thinking since I'm almost done with his purina food anyways, if i should scoop up some Innova tomorrow.. also is it okay to mix solid food & canned food? (for example the Canidae and the Innova, cause I still have the canidae and i don't want it to go to waste) ..

I heard that Canidae makes their coat shiny, and their stool isn't soo smelly! .. I'm a gullable person, so that's why i bought it! and since i thought the vet knows best she told me eukanuba/iams was great for him cause it's high in calorie.. and so i thought it was! ..

Thanks Renee750il for saving me and my puppy! i only want what's best for him!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Active Pup

Thanx Renee lol I thought it was another Innova food lol Good luck with your pup Khristine!