Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
BCs I've met want to melt into your skin pretty much... they swarm you, like they will die without fairly regular petting....
Talon is kind of like that. As long as we are home and not working, or he isn't acting goofy, he just melts into me. He wants to be touching as much of his body on mine as possible. It's starts with both legs on my shoulders, head resting against my face. His butt scoots his way up on my lap and just melts into me.

But at the same time, he isn't overly affectionate, not annoyingly so. He's ok being by himself and keeping himself busy, but when we wake up or come home he has to melt into us first then he feels he can go do his own thing.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
What I've noticed in BCs I've met, no idea if this is just the area or working lines or what, is they like to be in super close proximity to their owners. Like, sitting on their feet, constantly touching, making sure they always know where they are.
Yes! Blaze loooves to sit on my foot, be in between my legs, or in just some way touching me.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 PM
orange iguanas.

Well if Happy has BC in her she definitely has the cuddly part down. She hangs on me for attention. Loves to just be hugged and scratched and lean into you. Which is funny because her description from the rescue said she was NOT an affection seeker, so I was not expecting it
But I've seen this from the random BC's I've met too.

As far as boxers go I think everything gets mentioned appropriately - intelligent, loyal, stubborn, good with kids, lap dogs. I guess one of the only misconceptions I can think of, most people seem to think they are supposed to be these great watch dogs that bark at everything. Reality is, IME, that's hardly the case at all - they're pretty quiet, observant yes, but don't alert to everything.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
Talon is kind of like that. As long as we are home and not working, or he isn't acting goofy, he just melts into me. He wants to be touching as much of his body on mine as possible. It's starts with both legs on my shoulders, head resting against my face. His butt scoots his way up on my lap and just melts into me.

But at the same time, he isn't overly affectionate, not annoyingly so. He's ok being by himself and keeping himself busy, but when we wake up or come home he has to melt into us first then he feels he can go do his own thing.
See this is what I mean. Its not like my dogs are up my butt 24/7 but they definitely want to be all over me if I give off that "vibe".

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Professional Nerd

Both of my Malinois have/had to touch everything with their noses, often slurp. It makes working in the kitchen hard when there is an annoying brown dog licking all of the pans and utensils you are trying to get out. Both are/were as bad as children. They have to touch everything.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
Both of my Malinois have/had to touch everything with their noses, often slurp. It makes working in the kitchen hard when there is an annoying brown dog licking all of the pans and utensils you are trying to get out. Both are/were as bad as children. They have to touch everything.
Elsie does exactly this! Pokepokepoke.

If I tell her 'no that's mine,' she'll poke something near the thing she wants to touch.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Both my dogs are very much into cuddles, and are lap dogs.

I'm not sure it's a breed thing, more of a me thing...
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
My favorite terv pokes me with her nose constantly. It makes me melt a little.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Caleb does that, too, without the slurp, tho. There's no simply looking or sniffing at something. His nose must touch it. Which makes it interesting when I come home and he greets me with one of his big stuffed animals in his mouth.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Taxiderpy

Borzois sleep with their eyes open.