Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Most soft drinks are also full of phosphoric acid, though. I would buy that has more to do with it than the carbonation itself.
Like I said, variables which is it? one? Both? worse together? no difference? The theory and science behind either make sense
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
The peeing every 5 mins thing actually goes away?!
I know, I follow the drink till you pee train of thought ad I pee a lot during the day and at night i'm like a freaking puppy. I can't drink after 8 or I'm up twice in the night going again. That usually results in me tripping on a cat dish left out and lots of swearing
Old 05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I know, I follow the drink till you pee train of thought ad I pee a lot during the day and at night i'm like a freaking puppy. I can't drink after 8 or I'm up twice in the night going again. That usually results in me tripping on a cat dish left out and lots of swearing
OMG That would drive me INSANE!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

If I don't drink a ton of liquid during the day, it feels like my sinuses are stabbing my brain.

I find keeping water near me makes me drink it.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Stinky Butt

I have a Camelbak water bottle that I fill up each day and always finish, sometimes two of them. I have a 25OZ one and a 33 oz one. Something about the mouth piece to it encourages me to drink more. I LOVE to put ice in it and find that I drink more that way. So do both of my kids. I have also heard of putting fresh rosemarry or other fruits in water and wonder if something like that might help flavor it for you without adding a ton of sugar and other non wanted items.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

I LOVE water. I used to not drink alot - but I then I started taking a water bottel with me every day and now I drink about 1.5 liters or more just water. I usually drink coffee and maybe a cup of juice a well.

I only drink sparkeling water though... it's like almost all you can buy here? No one drinks still water here. (Jessie, you'd feel right at home. )

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

I never used to drink water because I didn't care for the taste, it was just boring. Plus I found drinking it very filling, like uncomfortably so. Then in college that's all there was to drink in my room. So I bought a water bottle (a Bobble). Now it's like a freaking blankie that I can't go anywhere without. It's always within reach, goes in my bag to class and sits on my desk, lays next to me on the couch, comes with me in the car. I just take a few sips from it here and there. I like it better than a glass because with a glass I feel like I need to finish it quickly. I still don't drink as much as is recommended I don't think, but I go through probably three water bottle fulls on an average day. I do think the peeing is a bit annoying, but I find it only really happens if I drink the bottle faster than normal, like finish one over the course of an hour. Then I have to pee VERY badly in like 30 minutes.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I have found that the constant peeing does go away once your body gets used to the increased fluid intake.

I've been doing the whole 8 glasses of water a day thing since I started exercising and at first I had to pee constantly but now my body seems to have evened it all out and I go like normal.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjean View Post
I have a Camelbak water bottle that I fill up each day and always finish, sometimes two of them. I have a 25OZ one and a 33 oz one. Something about the mouth piece to it encourages me to drink more. I LOVE to put ice in it and find that I drink more that way. So do both of my kids. I have also heard of putting fresh rosemarry or other fruits in water and wonder if something like that might help flavor it for you without adding a ton of sugar and other non wanted items.
Same here. I hate when I can't find my camelback water bottle cause I can't drink as much water. I love the mouth piece, lol. I don't understand it. I take it everywhere. I had to get a 16 oz, though cause if it gets too warm I won't drink it. I just refill it as soon as I finish it. People know me by my green water bottle that I carry everywhere. lol

Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Twin 2.0

I keep a pitcher of water in the fridge and add one whole slices lemon, half a sliced cucumber and about 12 fresh mint leaves. I refill the pitcher after I fill up my Nalgene in the morning and drink it throughout the day. I replace the ingredients every Sunday. The flavoring keeps me interested in drinking and it's not full of artificial crap. It's so dry out here in CO that I have to have at least 32oz a day or my lips get super chapped. I also drink a ton of coffee and add tea at night.