Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

good recommendations everyone! I might try some frozen fruit ice cubes! We shall see.

You know what the funny thing is? It's not even that I don't "like" water in the sense that I dislike the way it tastes. Rather, I just don't feel compelled to drink it. I suppose this is a plus, because it means that just sipping water doesn't feel like torture - bottled, tap, filtered, they all taste like nothing to me... but if I have a glass in front of me and try to drink a bunch at once it feels like I'm force feeding myself liquid nothingness... and then I feel all sloshy inside.

carrying a bottle with me is a good idea as well - if I can sip it in little bits, maybe it won't be so hard to drink a normal amount. I just need to remember not to leave the bottle in the car when I park to go into class!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Fishies!

There isn't anything magical about water from a cup instead of water from a berry. You probably don't need to drink 8 glasses a day, another 2-4 could be plenty if it stops your negative symptoms.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM
such sights to show you

I do not like plain water, I can hardly drink it. Something about the combination of the texture and the "flavor" if you can call it I just find icky.

I do like carbonated, unsweetened water like H2O! or other brands. Or if I'm really hard up I add a few squirts of lemon juice to water or drink iced tea instead.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't drink water. At all. Unless I like, take a long walk on a hot day. Then I'll grab a bottle BUT I have to add a Crystal Light packet to it. Would rather die of thirst than drink plain water lol.

Or I'll do these guys from Target:
http://www.target.com/p/market-pantr...r/-/A-13054414

I'm a big fan of drinking pop, so the carbonated flavored waters end up being just as satisfying to me.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Crushed mint and sliced cucumber is my favorite water additive.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm All Ears

I've been trying to switch from cokes to water and I definitely need an interim drink with flavor. I drink tea a lot. I also drink a lot of lemon and/or orange/citrus water. It's easy to make. I will also use frozen fruit for ice cubes sometimes. My favorite is frozen raspberries. Mint and cucumber water is another. I'm not a big fan of the cucumber but I like the mint.

I do drink the crystal lights sometimes but they're kind of icky. My big downfall is lipton raspberry tea.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm All Ears

Also I drink water room temperature most the time. It's easier for me to drink, I find.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Also I drink water room temperature most the time. It's easier for me to drink, I find.
Me too. I don't like cold water most of the time.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Seltzer! I'm not a water drinker and I have to really try every day to get enough liquids. La Croix is amazing- bubbly and flavored with no calories or sweeteners.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Kung Pow Fish

the peeing every 5 minutes isnt normal, and once you ARE hydrated properly, it will stop. i hate water as well, but i adore coffee so i drink a lot of tea and coffee, and then this stuff http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water

when they say 8 glasses of water, they mean 8 ounce glasses. the little ones. so it actually amounts to, if youre using a big glass or water bottle, 3 or 4. doesnt seem so hard to drink 3 soda-bottles-worth of water a day, yes? even 2 would be better than where you are at, now

also get a brita.