Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

what about a dachshund? Or a Rat Terrier? Maybe one of the smaller spaniels?

ETA: What about a pom? They are SO FUZZY and adorable all the time.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

Cavaliers are really my favorite small, snuggly breed. I have friends that breed and compete them, and they are just so ridiculously sweet tempered. Zero dog issues, zero people issues. Just nice dogs. When I decide to go for my small dog, they are going to be pretty high on the list. With the right breeders, I'd be willing to risk the health issues for such a nice dog.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

[QUOTE=GraceTW22;2261033 I've actually known several Havanese and while this may have been a reflection of their owners, "aloof" was definitely the word. Not really the personality I'm looking for.[/QUOTE]

Wow, aloof is the opposite of the ones I knew...but I dont have that much experience with them, just the several that came in for training and day care.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Border terriers are my small dog want, they're hardy, known for being friendly (dogs and human), and have fantastic off switches which makes for a stable companion with the get up and go when you desire it.

Please make this happen so I can live vicariously through you.
I was gonna say BT because, well, they're my major 'want'. LOL. No really I find they would often fit people's wants in a dog though.

I would agree with MicksMom that cockapoos (while not a 'real' breed) tend to be overall great dogs, friendly disposition, easily trainable, and pretty hardy. As well as Havanese.

Brit & Jackson

Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Oh PLEASE get a Frenchie.. then I'll come steal it from you Cream male, please.

Really though, if I were to go "small", I'd get a Frenchie. Love love love them. My SBT friends (they're in VA) have some too, but I'm not sure if they're breeding anymore. I can ask if they know of anyone though, they're great people so they'd be able to point you in the right direction if you wanted to go that route.

And a complete OT side note.. this is Grace's boy!

Sorry. He's just so handsome, I had to share. A Frenchie would compliment him nicely, I think
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Puppy Dog

Yeahhhhh.... I think I might go frenchie. Been a couple years of lusting after the creams and the more I look around the more I like them. Apologies for not being a very good listener to input. The gal I talked to a few years ago has a litter coming up this fall too...
Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Not a Border Collie

I've never known an aloof Havanese - we are close friends with a wonderful breeder and all of her dogs are peppy, confident and friendly. They rotate through all of our laps constantly when we're sitting down talking lol - they have no qualms about jumping up for cuddles with a stranger!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 05-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

Gah there is a free hav on kijiji, he's like 11 months old or something and I want him so bad .

Anyhow back to your regular programming. I have nothing to add, I love my Shih Tzu, but I don't know if I want a second one.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Big Dog

Love Frenchies! Rocky is the perfect lap dog. He would sit in your lap all day if you would let him. He has good endurance, but is low energy. Although my Boston Terrier is the bigger snuggler, but he is high energy. Jack will go limp in your arms and you can cradle and hold him like a baby and he makes the most adorable snorting sounds.

Did love my old roommates Rat Terrier. She is an awesome dog. And got along wonderfully with her Great Dane!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

Not sure what would be a good choice, but I can tell you to avoid patterdale, fell and jagdterriers. Too much hunt in those breeds and they become very destructive in a typical pet situation.