Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

Default Dance and Journ: A spring hike

Yesterday evening I decided to take my girls and I to one of my favourite parks. It was a really stressful, bad day and taking them out was the best thing I could have done. It was so nice out last night and these two are so relaxing to take out. We ended up finding some slightly different trails than usual by accident, so it ended up more of a hike than a walk, and we all had fun! Except when I heard some rustling and thought we might get eaten by a cougar or something haha. Journey accidentally went for her first swim, too. Poor puppy. Dance jumped in thinking she saw something retrieve-able and Journ, without thinking, leaped off a bank right after her... only to find that she couldn't use her feet and sunk for a second. Not quite how I'd wanted her first water experience to go, but hey, you can't control everything puppies do. She's such a go getter though that I'm sure she'll give it another try later on in the season. Other than that, they had a blast running around together and just exploring and sniffing things and being dogs. I'm so happy spring is finally here. Hopefully it sticks! :-)

I have two favourite pictures of Dance in this tree that I was trying to replicate with Journey so I can hang them up in my room. It's such a neat tree for posing dogs in.

She's such a little bunny haha. Always hopping and bouncing.

Her coat is coming in now and I'm obsessed with her bum fluff lol. It's so fluffy and pretty.

Happy girls. I love this picture.

Lots more!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Top Dog

Poor drowned mutant hamster haha. Oh, Dance... even after all these years, the wet look still is not for you.

Apparently a family trait. She doesn't realize her friends don't appreciate her hip checks... or maybe she just doesn't care lol.

Still a bunch more!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

She loves when she beats Dance to the ball and then does "Bet you can't catch me!" zoomies afterward.

Such a pretty girl. And her coat is awesome. I couldn't believe how quickly it dried and absolutely nothing sticks to it. Dance's coat was ruined by being spayed, but still, she took way longer to dry than Journ. And I was plucking all sorts of debris out of poor Dance.

More!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Top Dog

Still some more! I took way too many pictures last night haha.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Top Dog

And to think I once thought black Aussies were boring. I could look at her all day! Luckily she never seems to tire of people admiring her haha.

No trace of puppy left at all in this one.

Finished! Hope you were able to get through them all. And to think, they're narrowed down from like 500!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Top Dog

Such beautiful girls! I saw my first Toller in the park last week, and a fluffy Aussie later that same day and it made me think of Journey and Dance in a total internet-stalker way, haha.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM
The Monster.

The two of them are just lovely. Dance is one of the prettiest Tollers I've seen, and Journey is beautiful of course. That quick dry Aussie coat is amazing.

Side note, Cohen was spayed at 5.5 months (not ideal, considering what I feel I know now) and her coat is in my mind quite ideal. Quick drying, shiny, soft, resilient.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

Journey makes Dance look like the puppy!!! Looks like a great place to hike, and the pictures are amazing as always. I can't believe how grown up Journey looks.

I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite picture!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM
love herds

That first picture of journey is beautiful!
The Aussie coat in the best thing ever, Desoto's stays nice and clean looking, dirt just seems to brush off it and drys pretty quickly.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyxa View Post
Such beautiful girls! I saw my first Toller in the park last week, and a fluffy Aussie later that same day and it made me think of Journey and Dance in a total internet-stalker way, haha.
Haha I do that all the time when I see pairs of dogs similar to Chaz dogs.

And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
The two of them are just lovely. Dance is one of the prettiest Tollers I've seen, and Journey is beautiful of course. That quick dry Aussie coat is amazing.

Side note, Cohen was spayed at 5.5 months (not ideal, considering what I feel I know now) and her coat is in my mind quite ideal. Quick drying, shiny, soft, resilient.
Thanks!

I was just surprised at how well her coat takes to everything. Normally the only time she gets wet is after a bath and then I blow dry her, so I didn't realize how quickly she'd just dry on her own.

I love Cohen's coat. I wish Journey would just keep the amount of coat she has now forever and not get too hairy, but we'll see. Journ won't be spayed for quite a while, but when it eventually happens, I hope her coat doesn't get ruined as a result like Dance's did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Journey makes Dance look like the puppy!!! Looks like a great place to hike, and the pictures are amazing as always. I can't believe how grown up Journey looks.

I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite picture!
I know! Dance is always mistaken for a puppy, but especially now that Journey barely looks like one.

And thank you as well! It's a great park. The only trouble is that there are a lot of wild roses and thistles, so it can be rather prickly. But it's huge and quite pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAshley View Post
That first picture of journey is beautiful!
The Aussie coat in the best thing ever, Desoto's stays nice and clean looking, dirt just seems to brush off it and drys pretty quickly.
Thanks!

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN