Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Default Sentry Fiproguard - Anyone Use it?

I believe it's a generic to one of the Frontline brands. We usually use either K9 Advantix or Vectra 3D because in years past, Frontline didn't work as well.

Anyone use it or have anything good/bad to share about it? The price intrigues me, though I have to reprice things out for this years flea/tick meds as we now don't need as much so not sure if it will end up being a savings or not...
Old 04-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Or has anyone used this, or something similiar? http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...tid=1254&r=486
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I just put it on to try this month as it's dirt cheap. I did use wal-mart pet armor(which in theory is the same thing), and it worked for us.

I'm looking at a pre-hike spray as well to keep them off. Probably rose geranium oil mixed with water in a spray bottle.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Top Dog

We sold this at my store but for some reason aren't able to get it now. I've heard if Frontline works you, the Fiproguard will work too.

I don't need to use preventatives but I did use a Preventic collar for the foster pug with demodex (well, an Amitraz based collar). She was very immune compromised (and had a bad reaction to a strong shampoo), but the collar was fine. Dogs cannot ingest the collar though.

Bayer just put out a flea/tick collar that is supposed to last 8 months, it is a LOT of money though...like $70-80 for one?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I've used it the last few times I've put it on my guys. Works just as well as Frontline from what I've seen. I know in some places Frontline doesn't work as well as Advantix and vice versa, so far both work equally well here so I went ahead and picked up the Fiproguard since it's, y'know, quite a bit cheaper. I use generic meds for myself all the time so didn't really see any difference with the dogs! =P

But I'm thinking if the Frontline didn't work so well for you, you might need to stick with the Advantix...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog