Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Let it be

Default Do your neighbours have dogs? If so, what?

What kind of dogs do your neighbours have? Are they nice dogs to live close to or really irritating?

My landlords live right next door and have a german shepard (badly bred). He is LOVELY. Really annoying that they leave him outside all day to bark on the back deck but him and Bandit are the best of freinds.

A lab and a Shih Tzu live on my block as well. The lab gets along really well with Bandit and the little dog's owners just let him run loose from time to time.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm All Ears

There's an ACD behind me and a rat terrier in the other half of the townhouse. My dogs don't like either one of them. They play ball with the ACD all the time and Mia wants to run the fence and bark the whole time. So we're not out there when they're playing ball with the ACD.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Resident fainting goat

Guess it's different since I live in an apartment but quite a few of my neighbors have dogs lol I mean, it's fine.. it's nice to have something to talk to my neighbors about. If the neighbor doesn't have a dog, we usually don't even acknowledge each other.

Some of us are on the same "potty schedule" so we see each other outside, coming in or in the elevator.
There is a little shihtzu and a lab mix that Merlin LOVES and there is also this pug that is quite old and grumbles when Merlin comes close but he is really old and Merlin loves him anyway

There are also 2 boston terriers here not too surprising considering the city but Merlin loves them both, they are quite happy and snorty!

All dogs that live here have to do an interview, and that involves being around/meeting another dog so all of them are at least tolerant of other dogs. Which is nice.
Overall I think this building does a good job of making sure people mind their pets. They have to be friendly (with people/dogs), UTD on shots, they are STRICT about barking/noise violations (I have heard of animals getting evicted because of crying/barking all day, the policy is 3 strikes), there are cameras and fines for people who dare leave a mess in the building/hallway/elevators.

Personally, I like having a pet friendly building (not just because that means I can live here) dog people tend to talk to each other more in my experience. So now I KNOW my neighbors and even have a few numbers in case I need someone to feed/take merlin to potty once in a while
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Puppy Dog

There are two labs that live directly behind me and every time I take Foxy outside they bark their fool heads off. They're obnoxious to say the least. Foxy ignored them at first but now she gets anxious and starts whining... I just want to be able to take my dog out to potty in peace!

Next door there are 4 jack russells and I love them! They're all super sweet and I walk Foxy with 2 of them and their owners sometimes. They mostly just ignore Foxy as she desperately tries to get them to play with her to no avail
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
orange iguanas.

Neighbors on one side have an old husky. There's like, 5 guys in their 20s that rent the place out and it looks like the dog is pretty much in the backyard most of the day, I've never met him but he doesn't bark or anything so I'm cool with him.

Neighbors on the other side have a lab and a border collie who, again, are left outside a lot and they are suuuuper annoying. barkbarkbarkbarkbark. And the neighbors don't care if it's 5am or 11pm. They let them bark anyway.

Behind us there's a really cute dog, I haven't gotten a close enough look to figure out what but she looks like a pit mix or something close to that. She's fun to watch play by herself in the yard lol. She can be a little barky sometimes but for the most part is pleasant. She and Juno like to meet nose to nose at the fence and wag their tails and play bow.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Active Pup

Lets see here...

To the front left: 1 West Highland White Terrier (barks near-constantly)
To the front right: 1 English Bulldog (fence fighter), 1 Beagle X brachyephalic breed mix? I have no idea (fence fighter)
Across the street front: 1 Doxie thing? (never barks)
Across the street kitty corner: 1 Bullmastiff (hardly ever barks), 1 Bloodhound (never heard it)
Directly behind: 1 Mini Schnauzer (sounds like it's being killed when it barks), 1 Siberian Husky (sometimes howls)
To the right behind: 1 St. Bernard (occasionally barks), 2 Standard Schnauzers (mostly quiet), 1 Spaniel mix (mostly quiet)
To the left behind: 1 Bully mix (fence fighter extraordinaire), 1 something or other (rarely shows itself, fence fighter)

There are many many more. My neighborhood is full of dogs.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Allons-y!

I live out in the boonies, so "neighbors" is a loose term. The family a couple houses down has a pit mix and an ACD mix, who are generally nice dogs. I run into the daughter walking them sometimes. They used to have a shepherd/husky mix that was extremely territorial, and of course they let him run loose. He chased cars, and if I tried to walk our dogs down that way he would charge. I'm glad they contain their current ones better.

That's pretty much it. There is also a lady with two goldens that lives maybe half a mile down the road - we've stopped to chat a few times. I believe she works with the local golden rescue, and her dogs are lovely.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:08 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I live on a dead end road, so it's pretty quiet. There's a huge mastiff up the road, and a coulple cur-type outside hunting dogs down at the bottom. There's also a mix at the very bottom that looks like a little fox, Pom sized but less coat, her names Bella and her and Bailey think they're BFFs we run tiny her every time I walk her down the road

Anyways, my actual neighbors...
The neighbor just before me has a small Shih Tzu, a real cool little guy named Chevy. He roams the nieghborhood quite often. He likes to greet me in the driver when I get home from work and he comes to my backdoor when he wants a treat, or wants to play with the girls. Normally this would tick me off, but I like the little guy a lot, and so to my girls.
On the other side is an older couple with 2 pugs, ones older and overweight, the other is younger and very active. Kind of barky. Our dogs met when they first moved in, but haven't since, and they just ignore each other. These are the ones that think Bailey is "such a well behaved BC" even though I corrected them several times lol oh well

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 PM
& the Muttly Crew

On one side there is a Lab and a sometimes-Lab (I think the sometimer belongs to their kid...he's only around on holidays) and a German Shepherd. The other side has two ACDs. Across the way has some sort of husky mix, a ratter, and an Aussie. Also on our road is a huge black furry mix breed of some sort, and a couple farmcollie-esque mixes. There are others that I hear barking from time to time, but that's all I can see from the house or from the road on our walks.

Someone around here has a kennel of hounds too...I hear them baying for dinner if I happen to be outside at the right time...but I don't know where they are.

Oh and there's a beautiful pet-type Golden Retriever that lives down and over a bit. Quite a ways away, but they go walking by often. There's a Beagle that walks by a lot too, but I have no idea where they come from.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

My neighborhood is full of dogs. 2 doors down is bruno, the crazy little min pin that frequently escapes to mark my fence and drive my dogs batty lol. He is freaking adorable though and lets me catch him so it works. Across the street at the corner are two beagles...who scream, yes, scream bloody murder throughout the day and night. Directly across is currently dog empty but the previous owners had a GSD who was very scary...and ended up killing the mom Two doors down from that is a mix and a chihuahua. Behind me directly is dogless, next door is a quiet beagle, and next to them is a basset and a heinz 57 mix. There are a ton more in the neighborhoood, but those are the closest and the ones I have actually "met"