Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Have quite a few neighbors, unfortunately, but none that I know of that have dogs. We have a lady who walks a Dobe down our street sometimes... but I have no idea where she lives. I've heard a dog barking in the neighbor's to the far right, but have never seen one, so there's that. Lol.

We live next to an old kennel and training place, though! And also have a pet cemetery in our front yard.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Top Dog

I'm moving next week, so I'm not sure how many dogs are in my neighbourhood yet, but I do know my immediate neighbours do not have dogs.

However, there's a decent fenced dog park about 5 minutes away, and a dog beach is pretty close too, so I'm guessing I'll meet a number of new dogs
Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Jelly baby?

Neighbor on one side has a Shiba mix and two chihuahuas. They can be a bit barky at times and have typical big-dog-stuck-in-a-small-body attitudes, but they're ncie enough. I'm particularly fond of the Shiba mix. Neighbor in back has a boxer, LOVELY dog. Big, much bigger than Gavroche, but they're so similar. He has a kid he keeps a very close eye on. Wonderful dog. The neighbors on the other side have pit bulls they BYB. The bitch is very sweet, but he has no business breeding (I know he breeds and I know he can't afford it because he comes to my clinic and can never pay his bill). He also leaves the dogs out all day and sometimes all night, and they get barky sometimes. Not too awful, though. Across the street is a lab BYB, and they bark ALL. THE. TIME. Down the street a ways is a pair of shih tzu mixes. One is very wary of people, the other is an attention *****. I know this because they're loose several times a week, and I've caught the nice one one and HOLY CRAP he gives ALL THE KISSES and wags and wiggles like mad. Very, very nice dog, just not the brightest owners. There are a few other dogs on my block, but not ones I see regularly. I know names for all the dogs that our yard touches - so the boxer, the pit, the chis, and the shiba mix.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Strangely most of the current neighbors on my street don't seem to have dogs, even though a few years ago most did. The only ones I know of are a pair of Boxers at one house, and what look to probably be a couple Pit Bulls at another but they're fairly new neighbors and I've honestly only seen glimpses of their dogs.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 AM
Ho ho ho off.

No direct neighbours as such.

Opposite they own a fat Springer.

In the village there are a couple of collies, I've seen a lab, a Leonberger, a Rhodesian, a couple of scruffy terriers.

Think that's about it. Lots of working collies/Welsh collies pass through in the back of trucks as this is sheep land.

We rarely encounter these other dogs.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Our next door neighbors have a Maltese and a Weim. They are both really cute but the Weim is always trying to kill the dogs through the fence. (It's a provacy fence so they can't get at each other.) Chloe goes back at him, and Violet just runs up and down the fence without so much as a sound and teases him. Lol! His name is Ben, and I can't remember the other ones name. It's a girl though.

Our neighbors two doors down on the other side have a Maltese named Precious and she is SO precious!

I've seen one neighbors lab, and another neighbors has a gsd mix that was out on their roof one day! !!! It had gotten out of their upper story window and was just up there barking at people! I had a picture but I don't have it on my phone. They got him back in and he was fine.

I've seen a papillon being walked, a corgi, and a pointer mix. But I don't know where they live.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Top Dog

Tucker's best friend Zelda the pit bull/lab mix lives next door (Well Tucker thinks they're best friends, Zelda has little interest in him beyond a casual sniff, then she wants ME). She's the best, reminds me of my last dog Max sooooo much.

The people behind us have a Golden Retriever named Ginger. She's very sweet, but they let her out loose all the time and it drives me nuts because Tucker flips out through the window and I don't want to see their dog dead in the road, so I always bring her back. It was worse when she was younger (and the kids were younger and left gates/doors open), it's less frequent, especially in the winter. I dog sit for her quite a bit.

Diagonally across thew road there is a mixed breed named Brady, can't pin down a breed, but he's a medium sized dog, shepherd colors. He's as human aggressive as Tucker but without the warnings and dog aggressive as well. I don't have a problem with him, she keeps him well contained, but he did bite my uncle on the shoulder. The owner won't admit his aggression so let's people "try" to pet him or let's him "try" to meet dogs and then there are issues.

The people next to us have a Yorkie named Cesar. He sometimes barks when left out, but it's not a terribly load bark. There have been a few times when it's bothered us, but not often. The owners are nuts though.

That's it for close neighbors, I could go around the entire neighborhood though lol.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Top Dog

A few of my neighbors have dogs, but they're never walked and I rarely see them except to hear them barking behind privacy fences.

The people behind us have a German Shepherd X Husky, Milo ADORED her as a puppy. He kind of still does, but he's not allowed to go over and play after he growled at Layla's owners (He was never actually invited over in the first place, he just helped himself by digging underneath our buried cinderblocks that were supposed to keep him from digging after he went THROUGH the wooden fence and we replaced it with a plastic one.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Sport Model Pug

My immediate neighbours have a yappy little "southern Alberta special" (bichon/shihtzu mix) and there's a bulldog type dog down the road that's run at izzie on our walks. Then a couple random other southern Alberta specials and a min pin, three jrts and a couple chihuahuas. Then down the other road is an Aussie, a Berner, a couple labs and another pug.

It's always changing though as there's a lot of students.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Little dog, big voice

The woman across the road has a shih-tzu... very friendly and is well-taken care of. We've met up a few times on walks and Cali has always enjoyed saying hi.

There's really only a few dogs in our neighborhood who actually get decent care... most are chained up or in an outside kennel 24/7, as sad as it is. Or they're left to their own and sometimes go on a walk around the neighborhood, without anyone watching them.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.